Searley

RTV Ute Central Locking keeps Unlocking when parked.

Hi Ford People.Does anyone know anything about why when I lock my RTV 2004 ute the central locking makes its working noise and unlocks itslef.Sometimes before I was aware of the issue I would lock the car and it locked but when I came back after shopping whatever it would be unlocked.I've read something about Actuators being made of plastic and breaking.Just would like to get some good honest knowledge before I start the stripping off process.Apart from this the RTV has been a brilliant and reliable car.

i think if you remove an actuator(probably the drivers one first. and it's either full of dusty gunky grease or a broken spring in it.

if its just full of GUNK, you can do what i did, and wash it in petrol or similar.. 

if it's missing a spring or has the hook broken off the spring it's probably easier to get another actuator.. was very hard to change on the XG i did. 

BA and early BF actuators are awful.
Ford sell FG ones (with a patch harness) to suit, as they were an improved design.

Or Nice Products now do aftermarket ones, not sure if they're any good in the long run.