Travis Taylor

Ed ford falcon auto to manual conversion

Hi mate, what are you actually doing?  Straight swap, as in ED manual gearbox into ED Automatic car.?  T5 or Tremec or Top Loader?  

Obviously you'll need a pedal set, maybe a different console/shifter, Bellhousing, clutch kit, a flywheel, maybe a clutch slave cyl.

Anyone done this.??

Hello basically I picked up an Xf falcon from a coworker who started to put Eb motor and gearbox in I have an Ed running auto so will be pulling motor and box from the xf to put into my Ed I have the pedal box I picked up recently I have the tail shaft, clutch cable it is a t5 gearbox box and motor are bolted together so will be putting straight across how ever the Ed has smart lock the computer in the xf is for an Eb manual non smart lock version so I need to know if I will run into isssues computer wise also need assistants with the wiring the wiring to trick computer as it would be manual no longer auto , cheers 

I have limited knowledge of the Ford computers, but best way to do it is to keep the entire loom with the computer, that way you'll know you have the right plugs. There are different amounts of pin counts between models even with the same kind of computer. So you will want to use the ED computer with the engine, and disable smartlock, there is a chip you can install called the J3 chip. You can also alter the tune to suit a manual (so I believe).

I converted an EF to manual and it went fine except the rpm used to hang up after coming to a stop. I found out that it's to mask the downcanges in the auto box and eliminate the clunking sensation, especially at lower speeds. Possibly could be emissions too. I just bodgied the idle speed control solenoid to limit the amount of rpm it could increase by. I had no idea back then that you could just get the ECU modded with this J3 chip I mentioned.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk