Server maintenance Read more... ×
DemonHunter

El brake pedal rock hard unable to bleed system

Ok as the title says l have a rock hard brake pedal that can’t be pumped or anything.  I just fitted new slotted rotors all around new pads even new abs as someone told me mine was rooted.  I have tried to do gravity bleed going left rear right rear left front rite front but when it comes to the right front doing gravity bleed it seems to be the main one with a lot of air in it like there is no bloody end.  I’ve even tried to bleed the system the normal way after lve gravity bled them bakes an stuff to rid air out of the lines abs an what not but pedal is like a bloody rock an wont move an an the calipers ain’t doing their job of braking.    Master cylinder booster an calipers all worked before l changed the rotars the abs pump because some idiot said mine was rooted in the abs cause l still had spongy pedal after bleeding ( an l only found out today the abs needs to be bleed a certain way with a special set up.     ???). What l don’t get is all the stuff l fitted to the car came from my el xr that was wrecked an this is a ef body an all were fine an the new abs l just fitted came from a complete tuning driving el so the abs is the same  so why is there still a ton of air mainly in drivers from brake when l gravity bleed an why the hell cant l even move the damn pedal. I thought l would kill 2 birds with the one stone by changing rotars pads even the bloody abs while l have the engine head off doing new gasket an head   Guess l bit off more than l can chew but since this crap virus is around decided be a perfect time to get things done new instead of way later down the road when l get ready to paint the heap 

I'll start by saying I'm no expert on the subject but I'd guess the rock hard pedal would be caused by a problem with the master cylinder, as for the air in the line since you say its only in the one I'd be checking for a crack in the line itself or perhaps the fitting going into the abs module. Hopefully this helps or someone else more knowledgeable responds.

Found that the bloody bleeder nipple was t the correct one at all in the front drivers no cracks in line or anything with the abs as it was working sweet from the donor car  the only fluid that’s at the ends is when l fitted the new one to the car   Don’t know how it could be master cylinder as it’s a brand new one an it was fine before l did the abs the rotors. Least now l know why the bastard was spongy on brakes after bleeding them earlier before l changed abs module was because some prick at the rwc place fitted a smaller one an l didn’t even know till l took the thing out an compared it to the other brake set l have as a spare. Just don’t know what to do l don’t have vacuume hose hooked to the booster as the head is off waiting for new gasket kit 

If you have even one air bubble in the lines, the pedal will be spongy, not hard.  Is the pedal all the way up, or down?   Checked fluid level?   Actuating rod still in the M/cyl.?  Did you bleed the M/cyl on the bench, before install.??  Bit tricky over the Internet.  

Master cylinder brand new  was told that my brakes were spongy due to abs being faulty  when l changed my rotars to slotted l changed the abs as well did gravity bleed an when the drivers front was full of air l noticed that the nipple was a lil strange after l actually took it off to see if there was a crack near it an noticed that the nipple was different  pulled one out of spare good set an compared them. The one that was in mine was bloody smaller in length an a lil but the thread was less an where the hole was was longer.  Fitted spare one in an did gravity bleed again no air bubbles like mad this time in the line. Can even move the brake pedal now   Funny part is the nipple isn’t even out of a rear or even a e series brake caliper so lm wondering wtf it came out of because there wasn’t any need to change anything at the rw joint at all an every brake place l went to l spoke to said it was my abs was either faulty or air in the lines an l bled them few weeks ago before l changed to slotted rotors the other day an never noticed   Bastards doing that not rite so l wasted time an money on getting a donor in some way an taking the original abs off to fit this one only to find out that it wasn’t the abs but the fact air was being sucked in via a bleeder that wasn’t the correct one in my car   All l gotta do now is do the old fashioned assistant to press pedal so l can bleed brakes all over again.   Some one even went as far as telling me my booster was shot or l has a warped rotor which l thought was funny as rotors calipers booster an master were all new an calipers were rekiitted with new seals an stuff before the original car was killed last year by a tree 

Who said it was the abs to start with? If they worked on it beforehand I'd be worried it was them that swapped out that bleeder causing the issue to get more work out of you(assuming it was a shop). Either way track down who is at fault for that bleeder and give them and their employer an earful, can't have dumbass's working on stuff as important as brakes endangering peoples lives.

Turned out that the ass-ole who did my car was a real prick and was fired in the end because he was ripping ppl off with bullshit things that weren’t wrong or was doing shit to have em come back an the boss wasn’t very happy my neighbour took their car in just for a  head light globe an check belts billed em for a brand new gasket for the rocker cover  Haha car never had any leaks at all as car was just on a year old an l saw the engine bay an heard it running day before it went in an it was like it just rolled off the factory line clean as hell and very quiteexcept for a squeaky belt  an they had done about  30 thousand ks in it 

What a dodgy cunt, I hope they reported him otherwise he'll just get another job somewhere else and start all over again, if the workshop was smart they'd contact everyone they suspect he ripped off to take him to court for everything he has, people would eventually see some of their money back and the workshop might be able to keep some of those customers

He left the town an is gone they will be speaking to all who’s cars he worked on   They are re mbursing  me for his shit which is good for me an even stated that when l take another car in for a roady they will only charge me 3/4 of what it costs