Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DemonHunter

Ea-f rocker assembly bolt pattern

Ok lve just had to replace my head as it roached big time  l can’t find anywhere the bolt pattern to do the rocker assembly up at all except for the tension settings and that’s all not even a damn image in my workshop Manuel or web all l see is for other motors they try say is a e series 6.  I’ve just sat there an put the gear on but don’t know what the pattern is or anything at all 

also would there be any difference to the cams as l just put my old tikki head cam on the head as this head is built for turbo lpg an l also just put new lifters in that l had sitting in oil for months tucked away. 

The pattern doesn't matter, it's more important to gradually tighten them down to share the load as you work against the valve springs. I stripped one thread out once, had to get a longer bolt to reach into fresh thread in the cylinder head.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

I think 25 ft lbs is too much. 18 sounds more like it, which roughly converts to 25 Nm. That's really all you want to put into 8mm bolts going into alloy.

But most importantly, snug it down very gradually against whatever valves are open. Don't load up any particular bolt and try and tighten it all down gradually and evenly.

Yeah just tried that as l never done a e head before all new to me and just snapped one bolt an one stripped the thread somehow an yet l do slowly tighten em down but by bit now l just wrecked. New head an no way of fixing it as nobody around to do it so now lm getting rid of the shit heap.  Hmmm older fords are easier to work on   Got the snapped bolt out but don’t know how to fix the stripped thread on the hole at all  24 nm is 17.7 foot pounds an 34 nm is almost 25 foot pound an because it’s hard to set a17.7 nm it’s easier to set it at 18