Sign in to follow this  
stinks

Differential ID

Looking to purchase an xh diff to put into my xe van. Mainly looking to upgrade to a 28 spline diff as the van is running a turbo barra now. I've found a diff out of an xh, I believe the ratio is 3.45 lsd. Just unsure of how you can id if its a 28 spline without pulling an axle and counting the splines. The diff has this sticker on it does that give any further info? Thanks in advance.

1266902191.jpg

7 hours ago, stinks said:

Just unsure of how you can id if its a 28 spline without pulling an axle and counting the splines.

if it's an XH diff(has 95DA part number so expect it's correct) it's 28 spline, any diff from EB (1993) including XG are 28 splines . 

Spot on Dean, and it will be an open centre too. Mine came out of an XG and it was also 28 spline non limo.

28 spline limo centres fetch quite a bit nowadays.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

On 2/27/2020 at 12:24 PM, stinks said:

the ratio is 3.45 lsd

21 hours ago, gerg said:

Spot on Dean, and it will be an open centre too. Mine came out of an XG and it was also 28 spline non limo.

28 spline limo centres fetch quite a bit nowadays.

should be LSD in 3.45 if it's from an XR6.  i would assume so at least. (all the 3.45's i've seen have been LSD)

Should have a tag on the filler plug saying so. Easy to tell, just pop the hat off and look at the centre. If it only has crownwheel bolts, it's open. If it has crownwheel bolts plus a smaller circle of hemisphere bolts, it's LSD.