BBS XE

Spotted thread N.S.W

90 posts in this topic

Spotted that white xh van again yesterday arvo, never seen it before and now two days in a row.

Also spotted a sweet looking gold/bronze with cream vinyl roof ZH south bound on the M1 right before Yalla about quarter to seven this morn.

And for the mopar fans, saw a nice valiant coupe also this morn about quater past seven heading west on picton rd. Very similar to this but with a different stripe kit, the one that stops half way down the rear quarters and continues up the waist line.

DD875DA3-AA0F-4979-BDD0-C571A04E3E83_zps

I spied an XF Falcon today in Springwood, i didn't get a pic but it looked tricked out with 

Craigars? a lowered stance black tint, had maybe a flair kit?? and in this rare mustard colour.

It looked super cool  :)

I know the car you talk of Steve!

I haven't seen it in ages, good to know it's still going, it was an old boy that I remember getting around in it. It had a g.s. Motor bodies front spoiler on it from memory

steve mcqueen likes this

I know the car you talk of Steve!

I haven't seen it in ages, good to know it's still going, it was an old boy that I remember getting around in it. It had a g.s. Motor bodies front spoiler on it from memory

It did and side skirts and a boot spoiler?

I had a tray full of coffee and i only spotted it at the last minute so couldn't snap a pic.

Id love to see it again up close, it looked great.

I have seen today alot of 50's and 60's cars all heading west, Chev, caddy's and even a buick.

At a guess they are heading to the Elvis festival in Parkes.

Valvebouncer likes this

I spied an XB coupe on Wallgrove road on saturday moring.

We were sitting at traffic lights opposite each other and we gave each other 'thumbs up' as we drove past.

looked almost like this thing, same colour and i think it had the same stripes?

_DSC6982.jpg

XPT, dex and gerg like this

Same stripe package (but not colour) as mine originally was. They are a McLeod Ford "horn car" kit, but I think other dealers sold them too, as mine originally came from Peter Warren. Gossy had them on his race cars as he was sponsored by McLeod. Not easy to get new ones back in the day ie if you needed a set from damage, etc.

steve mcqueen likes this

I spied an XB coupe on Wallgrove road on saturday moring.

We were sitting at traffic lights opposite each other and we gave each other 'thumbs up' as we drove past.

looked almost like this thing, same colour and i think it had the same stripes?

_DSC6982.jpg

Was that at the intersection of Horsley Drive?

Yeah real close actually, but on Cowpasture rd headed south. Small world! I figured you'd have seen that car there because those lights always stop you and you often get nice cars out that way en route to a cruise, etc.

steve mcqueen likes this

Spotted this yestreday on the Princes Highway just outside Sutherland: a right-hand converted 1969 Pontiac Bonneville

l7hn8Jlq.jpg

Couldn't get another shot of it, it turned off nearly immediately after I took this photo towards Menai, leaving me gaping heading in the other direction to Cronulla. Looked in immaculate condition!

SirkWhyXF likes this