Alright guys, so I lost my low beams in my xg xr6 ute tonight as well but they kept coming back. I pulled over to check it and after I did I went to start the ute and I had nothing. No dash lights, no smart lock signal. Absolutely nothing. Jump starting it or changing over the battery wouldn't even work. What are the chances this is an easy fix? I need it back on the road asap as its my only vehicle. All help appreciated cheers 

i would be checking all the wiring connections to do with the battery first. 

if the earth wire came loose and it was overcharging? could have been tripping the circuit breaker  is the only reason i can think of it going off and coming back on..

it probably is an easy fix if you know what to look for.. @Thom is My best bet if he has time to check out the symptoms. 

Check your earths are I good nick, battery to chassis, battery to engine and engine to chassis, if you've lost everything good chance you've lost the main fuse/circuit breaker and that usually happens because of bad earths or a bad voltage regulator causing the alternator to overcharge

I had the same thing happen when i chnaged the cct breaker for the headlights.

Some how the main engine fuse managed to pop and she was all dead.