jamie247

393 cleveland

The motor was built for towing purposes and to go ofcourse.It runs a heavilly modded 2V performer manifold and 2V closed chamber heads which have had a fair bit of work done to them,also runs a 1inch sucker style spacer and has a demon carby on it,i think its an 800 or something that size.It will be running a custom drop style air cleaner to allow clearance from the bonnet.Also its running a/c and power steering.

Even managed a spacer

Sounds like Jamie shouldn't have any dramas

Ouch

Maybe in the 11s but the 3.5 gearing screwed me over

Crossing the line at 4500rpm

That's racing

how is it crossing at 4500 what are you running a 5 speed and just cruising to the finnish line? a 393 should pull the 3.5s very well there torque monstas most make as much TQ as HP

either way get it back there and get a 10 second time slip :)

5 speed lol

no chance of a ten but we plan to regear to 4:11s and may snag a high 11

failing that I may have to go back to an ol crossy lol

steve

sorry for the hijack jamie

hey jamie, its pretty easy to bang out 500hp with a 393 with all off the shelf parts.... are you giving the builder a receipe and theyre putting it together? or are they doing it themselves? ask for cam specs and brands used, there has been a lot of people burnt with this shit. and make sure you know what the package includes, most dont include intake, carby, dizzy, or sump.

as for fouling plugs etc. you wont do that unless its not tuned properly, even a seriously hot motor can run perfectly fine without fouling plugs or being ridiculous on maintenance 

Have u ordered ur engine yet mate ? I jus put a deposit on the pavtek 600hp 393ci cause one thing I do know is a poor man pays twice as I have done many times with my car over the 15years I've had it n now I'm jus goin with the reputation n quality the guys there have ! Get what u pay for with engines.. Hope it works out sweet for ya mate.. Love ya build thread too

500 will still give a shove in the back.

Why go all mental over full huge cams which give a crappy idle and hammer the valve train?

Unless you wanna race it of course

110% agree, get max power from least amount of cam. Heads are where it's at.

Pavtek are not cheap, VPW will sell you a short motor for around the 10k mark, Dart block and 427ci add 5k worth of heads and intake manifold and you got yourself a monster, for under 20k you can bold all the parts to it yourself and it would be better than the pavtek motor but it will be a Clevor 

I would be very very  careful when ordering engines ... most don't tell you what they come with and what they don't and it adds up! like engine mounts, fuel pump, carb, intake, dizzy, sump etc. adds up to a lot if you're getting a long engine that makes 500hp for under 8k I would run away unless they call you to see it with the heads off and call you to witness it running 480HP on the engine dyno, pack it and put it in the back of your car while you watch them .... and I'm being serious here ... some people quote HP like fucking magic ... the technology DID NOT CHANGE that much! you know a lot of the clevo's making 500hp still run the Tighe 392C cam? that cam is very old but very good what makes the HP sound cheap these days is china spec pistons/rods/heads/intake ...

You're looking at 1k in machining to do it properly

you're looking at 3.5k for the bottom end (eagle 393 stroker)

you're looking at 2k for the heads (minimum for 500hp)

you're looking at 1.5k for carb and intake

you're already at 8k without actually an engine block,cam and dizzy and sump and oil/water/fuel pumps, lifters, rockers, pushrods, harmonic balancer...... etc .... think about it :)