jamie247

393 cleveland

ok i'm in the process of buying a 393 crate in aus built to order 393ci 495hp just abit worried the bonnet wont close once fitted

easy close with standard rise manifold and no spacer

HIgh performance world $7900 unless someone can recommend another builder around same price this one is stroked 393 495hp with around the same torque

Gee Jamie a 393 with just under 500hp

Engine builder isn't trying

But it may be the builders way of keeping costs down

Steve

500hp is a sensible amount of HP for the street running a carb, any more and I'd recomment EFI unless your racing or treating it like shit. No one wants a plug fouling, bore wearing POS.

I agree with the efi and 500 is heaps

My xb runs a 393 with efi and makes a lazy 400 @ the wheels which is probly 550 at the engine maybe more and it's under the bonnet and a steeter not really a racer

Engine us getting on in age too

I just think 500 could be 600 for the same bucks and be just as streetable

Just my 2cents worth

Steve

your xb sounds good......i don't have any experience with strokers but most of the 600+ hp builds that I've read about seem to have stalled autos or very short gears for drivability. I'd be putting a supercharger on it instead of overcamming to make power, but thats just me thou 

Yeah 600hp years ago was unpleasant on the street and basically race

But with technology and better cams etc its not that big a deal

But your spot on for a smooth undercammed car by putting a turbo or an under bonnet blower on it

Steve

My xb runs a 393 with efi and makes a lazy 400 @ the wheels which is probly 550 at the engine maybe more and it's under the bonnet and a steeter not really a racer

Just my 2cents worth

Steve

yes it could be but I don't want efi mate, and i'm happy with the price 500hp is plenty in a xe falcon and $7k is pretty good bang for buck out of a 393 I looked at getting a 351 crate stroking it etc and price came out nearly the same

price all depends on whats used where etc... you can buy a 600 hp stroker or a 500hp stroker for the same money but it comes down to reliability as im sure youd all know ;)

A mate of mine has a 393 clevo in his xd ute and there is no hole in it.

what manifold does he run

steve

Just my 2cents worth

Steve

Just my 2cents worth

Steve

i read somwhere this thing was in the 12s somwhere but has 400rwhp? 400rwhp should go 10s even in a big falcon  

you building a a stroker for you missus to drive to the shops :D nice mate 

what manifold does he run

steve

The motor was built for towing purposes and to go ofcourse.It runs a heavilly modded 2V performer manifold and 2V closed chamber heads which have had a fair bit of work done to them,also runs a 1inch sucker style spacer and has a demon carby on it,i think its an 800 or something that size.It will be running a custom drop style air cleaner to allow clearance from the bonnet.Also its running a/c and power steering.

Yeah the things I do for my wife  LOL, she cannot drive my ba xr8 cause of the real heavy clutch just stalls it so the xe sedan that i'm building will be both our toy and that was her only request that I put a minimum 500hp 393 in it so I'm glad it will fit under bonnet as she wants a sleeper :D