Server maintenance Read more... ×
CHESTNUTXE

GUESS THE WEIGHT OF THE 400 INTAKE

This xe was in vgc but just needed a little tidy up ,already had andos locker diff and coil overs,so i whacked a 040 351c 2v in it with a t5 and CRS bell,some blue seats which to my surprise were easy as fk to fit,fixed the dash and sprayed it in its very rare colour combo check the plate paint code .This car was a special order that we will never no i guess,what i can tell you is it was a genuine s pack with no air or steer,blue interior,4 speed rail,and factory satin black bumper bar ,SUPER RARE COMBO,more pic's.8S5NOEPD_o.jpgkqMv9vs7_o.jpg

but the best xe i ever scored was this chestnut from bathurst ,i still cant belive no body even went out there to look at it,i caught a plane from gold coast to sydney then train to bathurst,ended up there at 4pm that afternoon from 7.30 am flight in morning,did the deal and drove it home paid $3300 for it ,and at the time i reckon i paid about 500 to much for it😣but made it home to the goldy in 1 go and couple tanks of gas,only had 127,000kms,t bar 4.1 air and steer,but i had this thought of if i cant afford a genuine ESP then at least get a colour code correct car and have a go,so about 8 months later finding a matching 5/82 pillow block std bore just fluked the short 302c for 300 bux the guy didnt even no what he had,then found a sierra tan esp interior off another member on here ,actually painted the car with spray cans no bullshit ,only original paint i left was the top of the bootlid and roof,the rest i just rubbed down and went thru about 8 cans of 2k chestnut lol,found a set of genuine esp wheels ,dash ect,and in the end the most rust free xe i have ever seen i mean i fixed nothing in the end had people fighting over it on e bay i figured if i could get $14k back i would be stoked but ended up getting $22500 🤣,so just goes to show what can be done when you have a plan and a cans of paint .Deo7LmUI_o.jpgOPM1tuBV_o.jpgdwL5m4h0_o.jpgnmHJF4Ny_o.jpg

note how plate says T2 that means sierra tan striped wool the most rare combo in xe's ,but this car wasnt a s pack just a GL and it had cortina headposts instead of the std xd xe black ones ? so someone orderd it like that with s pack seats in a GL .r7GqZE4U_o.jpg7O4JXCbQ_o.jpgZOH15RVG_o.jpgKxqH5rHm_o.jpg

Very tidy. I'd love a wagon with those seats, and the 302 reminds me of my mates - he got it for a few hunge from a local bloke who had it in the yard for 20 years. We tore it down and miked it up... and low and behold its on the tight side of factory clearances. WTF? Huge score!

yeah i would really like another xe sedan if i can find one at a decent price,put the 400 in it with c6 but the ute will have to do atm and its probly like a dummy fit anyway as i have chopped so much out of it anyway to lightn it,it only weighs 1360kg without me in it i went to the tip and put her on the scales and was 1410 with me in it.so it weighs about the same as sedan but with a longer wheelbase.