Server maintenance Read more... ×
NZXD

Blow through carb

Yeah as they say in the Video 5.0 is known for splitting in half over 500hp, probably because its always broken its lasted,

They recently finally upgraded the diff after braking it for the 4/5th time.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:05 PM, NZXD said:

Gents, does anybody have any experience with blow through carbs, either ones they have converted or purchased new?

Just throwing around some shed ideas for the XD and thinking about a side mount blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im a large portion down this route in Turbo form and from NZ, the one thing ive found in NZ is everyone has gone the EFI option years ago and hardly anyone knows about blowthru carbs or there tuning. {Zero support). I was lucky to come across a demon blowthru which has had all the metering blocks and float upgrades to suit. Converting a holley to blow thru is pretty simple and a few hundy but its the tuning of this set up that eats up the money you have saved. If you got a quickfuel kit ex USA with the pump and referenced reg your away or the Oz dollar is great at the moment for tried and tested options over the ditch.  

On 2/4/2020 at 6:59 PM, NZXD said:

Thought they were more expensive than that, not too much more than a new blow through carb really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate how did you get on with this?  ive made more progress and discovered Titan1500 on youtube and well this has now been ordered  https://simplestage.shop/products/brpb-boost-referenced-power-valve  $130 delivered NZD. 

Titan1500 has about 4 short awesome vids that explain it all..super simple.