Server maintenance Read more... ×
XG_Falcon

Xg ute high beam loss

Hey guys, needing some help. Lost my high beams the other night and when I turn them on I lose my low beams as well. Relay still works cause you can hear it. What could it be? 

You should lose your low beams when you turn your high beams on. It switches between the two. The only time it doesn't do this is when you use the flash function, then both should come on (if low beam is on to start with)

I would check the usual places: fuse, relay (if any), supply to relay, the relay contacts, power out of switch, the basics first.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Its the circuit breaker behind the battery in front of the shock tower. It will be internally corroded and they fail under load.

Bout $20 from repco to replace. looks like a small metal box with 2 lug terminals with nuts.

if it's not getting power to the relays. check the circuit breaker. (if you can hear the relays clicking it must be the issue as mentioned above.

otherwise. it could be the headlight switch or the blinker switch also.
flick the headlight switch on and off about 10times fast.. and do the high low dip switch on the blinker stalk the same.. if that makes them work,. you can ask @Mr Polson how to spray crc etc into them. 

Alright guys, finally replaced the circuit breaker, and still nothing. Can hear the relay clicking and everything. Can't get them to work at all. Changed the globes and everything. Any other ideas before I send it to an auto sparkie?

Have you measured the output voltage from the cct breaker? Should be 12- 14 vDC. If their is no output from there check the input.

Trace either way to see where the lighting circuit is failing.