Sign in to follow this  
LJDB

92dt tickford head v 94ab head

Hi guys, I have 2 heads that I'm choosing between to use on a turbo set up. 

One is a 92dt early tickford head and cam the other is a 94ab head with 91 da cam. Both look to have the same sized valves and chambers. The 94ab has a noticeably larger inlet port and searching through posts is a good head. 91da cam is also the pick of the bunch. Problem is there isn't much info out there about the early tickford stuff. 

I'm going to check the cams with a dial indicator but checking with a cheap vernier they are very close lift wise. After a clean the 92dt head has a smaller chamber, il cc them at some stage to confirm. Port wise they look very different. I suspect the larger port would suit boost better. Valve springs on tickford head are not painted and visually look the same.

Someone may have changed them, in later 4.0 xr6 have a red/orange stripe one them. 94/95 dt's have a smaller combustion chamber, larger exhaust valves revised intake ports and a higher duration but similar lift cam

On 12/29/2019 at 3:31 PM, LJDB said:

Hi guys, I have 2 heads that I'm choosing between to use on a turbo set up. 

One is a 92dt early tickford head and cam the other is a 94ab head with 91 da cam. Both look to have the same sized valves and chambers. The 94ab has a noticeably larger inlet port and searching through posts is a good head. 91da cam is also the pick of the bunch. Problem is there isn't much info out there about the early tickford stuff. 

If you decide not to use the 91da cam I'd be interested in purchasing it.