tobler1

Panel Van Interior Builds

G’day all. 

I’m currently in the process of fitting out the back of my XA pano. Wonder if there is any build threads on others or if we can start one here? 

Ive just given the back some Dynamat treatment. Floor has some anti slip mat under a custom fit grey carpet I got from ebay. 

Up next, Thinking I go for some insulation with a bit of adhesive and then board it up with some fabric lined panels. Does this sound right? 

If you have done something similar, could you please post them and tell us your secrets?

Cheers!

Pics here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5epwrmaw1vw9pq/Photo 18-11-19%2C 3 20 15 pm.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85ocqtw9h0mr3kl/Photo 18-11-19%2C 3 21 15 pm.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8ujvyxntcm0ez6/Photo 18-11-19%2C 3 28 15 pm.jpg?dl=0

Nice.!  Had a PV from the "other" side, when I was a teenager. MDF board screwed directly onto the black rails in between the Dynamat. Don't forget the wiring, speakers, accessory plugs. USB. stereo, LED lighting, and fuse box. BEFORE you start. 

And the shag pile.... Oh yeah, and fluffy dice for that period perfect touch 🤓

2 hours ago, bear351c said:

Nice.!  Had a PV from the "other" side, when I was a teenager. MDF board screwed directly onto the black rails in between the Dynamat. Don't forget the wiring, speakers, accessory plugs. USB. stereo, LED lighting, and fuse box. BEFORE you start. 😁

Thats the one!

Looking at putting some interior lights and potentially a roof mounted electric fan between cabin and cargo.

just checked your pics in December post an noticed in background a red ford which looks about a 64 model which looks in good nic   are you the lucky owner ?     if so would love to see some more pics of it if you would 

cheers demmo

8 hours ago, Demmo said:

just checked your pics in December post an noticed in background a red ford which looks about a 64 model which looks in good nic   are you the lucky owner ?     if so would love to see some more pics of it if you would 

cheers demmo

Nah that was one i was parked next to at the Car show in Lara last year.

25 minutes ago, deankdx said:

that's really cool, surprised there's not more of this type of "aftermarket stereo" stuff made..  

I struggled to find anything decent. I am a draftsman by trade so not a hard task to create something, Resiplex in Geelong profile cut the pieces for me and I glued them together.

Would be way cool, and friggin' expensive, if you had 2 big ar$e flat screens on the sides, playing vast amount of stars moving sideways. Give you the feeling that your'e travelling through space. LMAO.

Great work, mate. Should be proud of your achievements.