Server maintenance Read more... ×
Slow250XC

Driveshaft length

Have found a 3.45 lsd from an xh xr8 to go into the xc.

I have a xf ute driveshaft under the bench with the flat flange.

Are the ute driveshafts longer than sedans?

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

Not sure on XH (later models) but on the early stuff, XA - XE etc..... the ute has longer leaf springs, and tailshaft.

Pretty sure the Utes were set up on the Fairlane/wagon wheel base. Hence they too have longer cart springs, and tailshaft,  

Prob best to install diff and trans, then measure it. Don't forget, full weight on the tyres. (Dont have the diff hanging)

1 hour ago, Slow250XC said:

Thanks guys, as i thought. Next plan will be to fit flat flange to xc driveshaft.

if you wanted to keep your current tailshaft you'll need a hybrid yoke  as the E series(flat flange yoke) is 1310 and the X series is smaller(not sure what it is)

otherwise, just get an EB ED ED EL SEDAN tailshaft and it will go straight in to XA to XF sedan

Fairlane/LTD shafts are the same wheelbase as utes and wagons also (same floorpan) just in case you come across one of them for parts.

Utes and wagons use the same leaf springs as well, but I'm unsure about Fairlanes being the same here.

My XE wagon uses an alloy EF wagon shaft and flange. That was a straight bolt-on.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Slow250XC said:

Easy as boys, bloke with the diff is throwing in an e series sedan shaft for free. Now to get a speedo drive to match.

@CHESTNUTXE will have a 3.45 gear surplus soon (if its for a borgwarner gearbox?)

it's postable.. they send pallets over the ditch even
Freight is not the killer. It is the bank transfer.
My better half normally does all that for me, however she is in hospital for at least another month and a half.
But if Chestnut is right that ford have them available, i can order through work :)

The rare black 23 tooth is very hard to find could only be in 5 speed xr

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Want me to get my suppliers to have a dig around for you? If you have a part # i can get them to put an email round the dealers.