scottly

what is this wire for? Ford xd

Hey fellas, I’m currently deleting wires out of the factory loom on my xd.

I have come across this green and white wire and I don’t know what it was for. I don’t recall ever using it, it goes from the engine bay through the fire wall to the red factory connector.

I also can’t find it in the Gregory’s manual, any help would be fantastic.

7311cf32662ea4f0796e084d6293059d.jpg1fd40ea850cc2925cc601bcc9917b487.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure man?  I pulled all my factory fog light wiring out of the car in one piece and can not remember it going to that wire. But I was more than likely drunk.

I will check when I get home thanks for the reply I hope your right. It could be the trigger wire for the relay 

2 hours ago, FORD_MAN said:

its for the optional driving/fog lights

2 hours ago, scottly said:

Are you sure man?  I pulled all my factory fog light wiring out of the car in one piece and can not remember it going to that wire. But I was more than likely drunk.

I will check when I get home thanks for the reply I hope your right. It could be the trigger wire for the relay 

if it was near the drivers headlight, then it would be the driving light/fog light wire i think also. 

can't remember any other wires that were round like that. other than the temp sender and maybe the choke wire on the XE(not applicable to XD)

From memory I think your right.

Temp sender has a round plug And the wire is definitely not green and white. 

The choke is a single wire with a brown plastic plug that slots on to a male fitting. 

Yes it it looks like it was meant to be around the drivers side

Both of you were correct it’s for the factory driving lights. I checked the factory spotlight wiring and their is a male round pin that goes to a green and white wire. It’s now time to cut the wire out of the car 

1 hour ago, scottly said:

Both of you were correct it’s for the factory driving lights. I checked the factory spotlight wiring and their is a male round pin that goes to a green and white wire. It’s now time to cut the wire out of the car 

would be handy to use as another purpose, alarm, thermo fan override, etc