eattsie9

84DA to 86DA block crank flexplate and bolt help

Hey All

So my old engine is an 84DA block new one is 86DA. Discovered last night they use a different flexplate bolt (common knowledge to most I'm sure but I'm a bit slow)

Does anybody know what bolt the 86DA crank uses for the flexplate? Or better yet an ARP part number?

Will I need a new flex plate to suit the different crank? I would assume with the 86DA bolts being smaller the bolt holes on my original flexplate would be too big, is this an issue?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

i doubt arp do a later smaller bolt for a crossy,you need the metric ones,factory ford ones are fine,you need the later xf flexplate as well,everything else is the same,im doing same thing atm with mine.Both flexplate and bolts should be had for about 50 bux.2nd hand or cheaper even 

Cheers.

Been doing a bit more digging looks like b series use the same size bolt as well. Anyone know if a b series flex plate would fit as well? Might increase my chances of getting a flex plate and bolts from a near by wrecker that mostly does b and f series Falcons. Thank you

just a thought  maybe you could get the bolts from Mandurah bolt supplies as you know what size ect  
Was considering that. But ended up picking up bolts and a flexplate from NUKOOP wreckers in Rockingham for $70

Flex plate has a different tooth count and convertor mounting holes due to using a BTR gearbox vs a BW or C4.

You can use the bolts but the flex is no good to you.
Bugger! Any suggestions on what to look for for the flex plate?

Sounds about right, cause the cranks themselves changed only slightly through the years all the way to the end. If it's the slightly wonky 6 bolt pattern then it's the same as Windsor, Clevo, 400M, and inline 6s, only difference from 87DA onward is metric 10mm instead of 7/16" UNF.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Bolts line up on on ba flex plate to my converter and atleast visually when stacked on-top of each other ba and xf flex plate appear to be same size and same tooth count (I can't be bothered counting) think I'll slap it in when the time comes and see what happens646f10350a2b8e046889b5066ca1c091.jpg20a781912127cabd433cb4c1d126df81.jpg6ffc2fd737170e973e4433b404e52ceb.jpg

see that riveted ring gear..(pic below) 

i've heard a car with them so loose the rattle would make you swear the flywheel was going to fall off.. was one of the first things i sold when i started selling Xseries parts back when i wrecked one for parts for the daily

6ffc2fd737170e973e4433b404e52ceb.jpg

On 10/18/2019 at 6:32 PM, deankdx said:

see that riveted ring gear..(pic below) 

i've heard a car with them so loose the rattle would make you swear the flywheel was going to fall off.. was one of the first things i sold when i started selling Xseries parts back when i wrecked one for parts for the daily

6ffc2fd737170e973e4433b404e52ceb.jpg

lucky that's not the one I'm using i guess :D