silverlady@outlook.com.au

Cooling water hose layout

got a photo of it? generally the water returns to the water pump and the outlet/s on the thead are flowing out. depending what intake manifold it has, you just plumb the heater so that one heater hose runs from the head, and the other returns to the water pump. 
heated manifold is a different story, photo would help

Hi Deankdx

Thanks for your reply. The engine bay is fairly cramped so photos is relatively impossible.

I said its a mid 80`s XF in a 1949 Jaguar.

Top hose from thermostat is direct to top radiator . Bottom hose goes to water pump.

The small 5/8" fitting on the pump then tee`s off to the top of the 5/8" fitting on the cylinder head and onto the rear end of the inlet manifold.

The 5/8" fitting on the front of the engine block at the top goes to the front-side of the inlet manifold.

Hope that makes sense.

NO heater matrix is fitted.

Just need to know that its not going to get hot!

Another fault (not long had this car and every thing i touch is flogged out and I`m not a Ford man).

The advance /retard was ceased. So removed the dizzy and freed it up.

Had a fair bit of trouble re-installed the damn thing and had to fix the oil pump drive into the dizzy to get fitted.

It seems to have no oil pressure now!

However i have got oil up to the rockers.

I`ve also noticed the oil filter is also empty!

I`m quite sure i had oil pressure before.

Thanks in advance, any help greatly received.

Roger

i've never had the oil pump drive stuck in the dizzy on refit, that could be an issue if it's not seated in the pump properly. i'd be removing it asap and seating it in the pump first.

i have had to get a screwdriver etc to centralize the pump drive in the hole so the dizzy would go over it.. it's a bit of a pain because it rotates on the gear as it goes in.. i find sort of tapping (lift dissy a bit and dropping it onto the shaft a few times ) usually aligns it in the hex drive.

the 5/8 heater hoses won't be an issue if you blanked them off even. crossflows are pretty cool running most of the time anyway in a falcon(good sized radiator and plenty of engine bay space to get the heat out. 

the water heated manifold simply has coolant coming from the front side of the head, into one port on the manifold and out the rear and back to the water pump(think the water pump return is 3/4 just to be annoying... this hose you can buy as a falcon hose with 3/4 one end and 90 degree bend and steps down to 5/8 the rest of the way. 

i'd be concerned about the no oil pressure, they have been known to snap that hex drive or chew them out.. especially running very thick oil. fix this asap