Steve51

AU sump guard questions...................

Hi, just picked up a really nice AU 2 Tradesman ute. Used to have an XF but went to Japanese for a few years but have now gone back to Falcon - a much nicer ride and so much easier on my old back. Because I use it on the farm I would like a sump guard. I believe the sump guard was a dealer  option on the AU but can't find one.  Have also heard that they were not available until the BA, and that the BA or BF sump guard could be fitted to the AU by drilling a couple of extra holes? I would be most grateful for any advice.

Cheers

Steve 

Hi, just picked up a really nice AU 2 Tradesman ute. Used to have an XF but went to Japanese for a few years but have now gone back to Falcon - a much nicer ride and so much easier on my old back. Because I use it on the farm I would like a sump guard. I believe the sump guard was a dealer  option on the AU but can't find one.  Have also heard that they were not available until the BA, and that the BA or BF sump guard could be fitted to the AU by drilling a couple of extra holes? I would be most grateful for any advice.
Cheers
Steve 
I have worked on RTVs, which had that sump/gearbox guard and they are only held on with 4 large spring clips and maybe 2 bolts at the front. They attach to (from memory) the front bulkhead and both engine and gearbox crossmembers. It's a tough plastic that feels much like what the the bed tray is made from. With the AU being basically the same chassis, I can't see too much being different, so should fit. There are used ones getting around.

The clips used to go missing a lot so I reckon they'd be easily available through a dealer or online.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk