Guest Luke_JM

EF Ford 5.0 HO

Guest Luke_JM

Hey guys, I got given a 95 EF Fairmont Ghia the other week sitting in a mates backyard, turns out it had a Windsor in it

I noticed it had HO stamped onto the manifold and did a VIN search and it’s Apperantly a High Output 302, can anyone please give me more information on the HO side of things as I can’t find anything online just things like what’s different about it what cars it came in and what HP

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The badge on the manifold could have been fitted to replace the big ugly engine cover that normally goes there. 4 screws is all that holds thatp badge on. In the states, the Explorer had this exact engine but with the top manifold spun around the other direction. There are lots of different badges that could go there, ie: "5.0 HO", a sideways version of that, and also a Mustang insignia, etc. Ours got said engine cover with "5 Litre V8" cast into it. The only badge that would suit would be the sideways one as all the other yank ones would be upside down as viewed from the front of the engine.

As far as I know, all V8s were the standard 165kW except for the XR8, which got better flowing exhausts for a dizzying 170kW.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk