Server maintenance Read more... ×
scottly

How to I.D a xd,xe v8 brake booster

Hey guys, just wondering if any one here has the knowledge how to tell the difference between xd xe v8 and 6cyl brake boosters. 

I have been told the v8 boosters are 290mm and the 6cyl ones are 220-230mm, I have never seen a 290mm booster before on a xd I might of maybe on a xf or xg.

Xd and xe were the same in 6cyl and v8 the only ones i found were bigger was the fairlanes autos as the booster would cover were the clutch master is so u couldn't do a manual, i maybe wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if i am

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jca4 said:

Xd and xe were the same in 6cyl and v8 the only ones i found were bigger was the fairlanes autos as the booster would cover were the clutch master is so u couldn't do a manual, i maybe wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if i am

I understand this to be correct also.

Wow well that’s good news, I have contacted multiple company’s and could not get a straight answer.

I have also parted out lots of xd and xe’s v8 and 6cyl and never noticed a size difference. 

Looks like I’ll have no problems getting mine reco’d then hopefully lol

Wow well that’s good news, I have contacted multiple company’s and could not get a straight answer.

I have also parted out lots of xd and xe’s v8 and 6cyl and never noticed a size difference. 

Looks like I’ll have no problems getting mine reco’d then hopefully lol
There not to bad to reco urself if u take ur time but i don't recommend for the faint hearted i did it for a job for many yrs lol so easy for me to say, i did do a bit of a write on here if u want a look or ask away

Cheers man, yes I did read that thread it’s a great write up.

I don’t think I would be comfortable doing the job myself. if it failed it’s on me, I don’t think I could handle if that caused me to crash my xd lol. 

I would love to see one of those 290mm brake boosters they would be freaking huge