OLM8

351 ?

On 9/12/2019 at 10:41 PM, gromet88 said:

Sadly not all. Some were 302 and even there were a few 6s but they are rarest of all as 358(ish) from memory were 351. The only things with Cartier’s that you could not option was the colours and the interiors. You had a choice of 2 colours, a port wine burgundy or a special gold blend, and the interior you only had 1 choice. But with the purchase, you received all the special badging and special embroidery, and you also, wait for it, as a ‘gift’, received a purse, an umbrella, and a limited edition Cartier Watch. You could also ‘add’ to the options of a briefcase, perfume, socks and a tie.

On the topic though, have you got any photos of the whole car? Is the whole car for sale or just the motor?

Ive also noticed with the cartier they had elec boot pop, mirrors & sunroof which the non cartierFC's didn't have, it was a sign of what was to come as standard on the FD model

On 6/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, Free.51 said:

Ive also noticed with the cartier they had elec boot pop, mirrors & sunroof which the non cartierFC's didn't have, it was a sign of what was to come as standard on the FD model

correct. The earlier Cartier's still had the hand pull boot popper but the last of the Cartier's got an electric one as I guess they were preparing to start the FD. It was a dipping the toe in the pool I guess you could call it. Some FCs still had the electric sunroof but it was a ‘no cost option’ from memory. 

16 hours ago, Free.51 said:

Cool didnt know the non cartier FC had sunroof

I’ve had a couple that had one, and my favourite one that I had also had a factory one because I remember how annoying it was to get parts for. 

I am always amazed to find more Cartiers and always happy to even just to see them, I don’t need to buy them

1 hour ago, Free.51 said:

Ive only had one FC in the past & now one FD,  me too, the seeing part haha. I need a new seal for my sunroof

The bloke i bought my fc wheels off is restoring his FC cartier 351

I’ve had too many FCs and FDs to put a number on them but I don’t think there has been a time in the last 20-25 years that I haven’t at least had one. I’ll always have one. They are just way too cool not to! Especially with those tail lights.

hey that’s cool, good to know he’s restoring it! Is he doing anything to do it or keeping it stock?

I had a blue with some guy a few months ago over these taillights i turned right & did a left hand turn into the sunshine market place carpark indicated ofcourse then a guy that was behind me tooted his horn at me then i gave him the finger he saw this then took the next turn into the carpark too, & i saw this & knew exactly what was gonna happen, before he could get out of his 4x4 i had already put my car in park & lept out & said what ur problem!!, he goes fkn blah blah i couldn't see your indicators cos ya bloody tinted em too dark i go thats how they came from factory in this model then he goes ohhhhh thats bullshit that bloody unroadworthy & got back in his car & left

I’ve had too many FCs and FDs to put a number on them but I don’t think there has been a time in the last 20-25 years that I haven’t at least had one. I’ll always have one. They are just way too cool not to! Especially with those tail lights.

hey that’s cool, good to know he’s restoring it! Is he doing anything to do it or keeping it stock?
He said he is restoring it, not sure if he is modifying it or not but id be happy with it either way. He sent me these 2 pics before when i sent him a pic of the progress i had made with the FC wheels i bought off him368321ab1d61041b7b20942dcb7654dc.jpga61e34e07acc68f9de6b9acc4ba37e51.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Free.51 said:

I had a blue with some guy a few months ago over these taillights i turned right & did a left hand turn into the sunshine market place carpark indicated ofcourse then a guy that was behind me tooted his horn at me then i gave him the finger he saw this then took the next turn into the carpark too, & i saw this & knew exactly what was gonna happen, before he could get out of his 4x4 i had already put my car in park & lept out & said what ur problem!!, he goes fkn blah blah i couldn't see your indicators cos ya bloody tinted em too dark i go thats how they came from factory in this model then he goes ohhhhh thats bullshit that bloody unroadworthy & got back in his car & left

I’ve had that many run ins with Mr Plod over them, been defected 4 times over them because no mr plod believes that any car came out with tail lights that dark from factory. Even had one accuse me of colouring in the photo on the front of the glovebox manual with a black texta. 

8 minutes ago, Free.51 said:

He said he is restoring it, not sure if he is modifying it or not but id be happy with it either way. He sent me these 2 pics before when i sent him a pic of the progress i had made with the FC wheels i bought off him368321ab1d61041b7b20942dcb7654dc.jpga61e34e07acc68f9de6b9acc4ba37e51.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

that’s awesome. I’d be keen for a chat with him one day if he’s up for it

1 hour ago, gromet88 said:

I’ve had that many run ins with Mr Plod over them, been defected 4 times over them because no mr plod believes that any car came out with tail lights that dark from factory. Even had one accuse me of colouring in the photo on the front of the glovebox manual with a black texta. 

Thats ridiculous haha, ive never had a problem with the cops in the 3 yrs ive been driving my FD touch wood🤞

7 minutes ago, Free.51 said:

Thats ridiculous haha, ive never had a problem with the cops in the 3 yrs ive been driving my FD touch wood🤞

yeah but you guys have roadworthies where we don’t so cops can tend to be on the more a-hole side here if they ‘think’ they are right

Yeah i go past the cops all the time, i do get nervous though, this Monday i went down a back st & did a detour to avoid a speed camera on duke st  & ballarat rd in Braybrook (which i got done for in the past) & turned left & by the time i got nxt to the shell servo i noticed a silver vf in my rear view fly up behind me, im thinking wtf is this, turned left onto Ballarat rd & the vf turned too....HWP. The lights at Ballarat rd & duke st were red & i know the RH turning lane onto duke st always goes first so got in that lane, the cop stayed in the far left lane & continued on down Ballarat rd toward Maidstone  

1 hour ago, bear351c said:

Never got questioned with my FC, 13 years on the road, just other stuff......

Speeding,

Window tint,

Too low,

Too loud,

Blah, blah, blah....

All the good stuff ,,

bar the speeding ,,

” thought I was on a private road there officer see !”

15 hours ago, bear351c said:

Never got questioned with my FC, 13 years on the road, just other stuff......

Speeding,

Window tint,

Too low,

Too loud,

Blah, blah, blah....

yep, that’s where it normally starts