Server maintenance Read more... ×
motoSycho

Blown Crossy.

Had a great day yesterday. The FPV club organised a run up to Bathurst with some laps round the Mount. BBQ up the top, raffle etc.. All proceeds to Beyond Blue.

They had 70 cars last year but opened it up to all Fords this year and well over 150 or so rocked up. Lots of modern stuff of course, but a few from XF back. I got sweet FA in the way of photos, but can throw some up later.

Lots of modern Barras with some fucking HUGE turbos. Like sucking small children and low flying birds in and spitting them out the back huge turbos! Lots of modern V8s as well and the sweet sweet older V8s which just look great.

And of course my old girl, who stood out like dogs balls. So because I'm a subtle sort of chap and I like different. I am 99.9% wanting to jam a big old school blower on the side of a Crossflow and stick it out the bonnet,,,,,,, just 'cause. I know there are easier cheaper ways to make power, but I don'r care. The other .01% of me wants to go the Triple Weber route,,,,, but you know, Dude, Blower hanging out of left side of bonnet!

Hunting down another 4.1 to do this to, so I can keep driving with the original motor and box whilst collecting bits and putting it together. I'll be looking for a better box to put behind it as well. I've got a disc brake diff from an XE V8 panel van sitting here I can use as well.

I have seen bits and pieces in other threads where this is touched on, but if anyone has any experience with doing this please feel free to post it here. I'm a blank slate with this and have no ego about being told what will or won't work.

69573063_10157545920084516_3125565855849

im in the same boat ,about 8k will get a full kit from aussie speed,wieand blower,pully/manifold ect,but i would like to see someone do a larger blower setup on a crossy,

you see plenty of holden sixs with nice larger blowers,but i have only seen a few crossflows ,one reason could be you could turbo it ,for the same coin you invest 8k would get you a no out the bonnet and massive power,only a few of us will roll the dice and blow 10k on a blower set up ,i guess with a 6/71 or 4/71 will need a custom manifold and supporting it somehow,i have this idea of running a injection system on a larger blower,would look spastic

Have you seen Tas Tuneds work? Home made manifold, albeit this is for his drag car, but still.

Yeah been watching that on u tube

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, dex said:

Want this for my fe ltd ,,

i have not seen anyone do one of the capa blowers as you see on later motors ,, retro fitted to a crossflow ,,,

under the bonnet , hidden away 

have you seen @slydog lately.. it's got a centrifugal blower under the bonnet now and is NUTS! beyond nuts actually

7 hours ago, motoSycho said:

Have you seen Tas Tuneds work? Home made manifold, albeit this is for his drag car, but still.

yeah i was going to also link TAS TUNED he's covered a lot of details(including fuck ups etc) on his youtube channel. it's a fun combo

So to do a set of webbers correctly will cost over $3000. Doesn't include fuel pump regs and stuff. Plus you need a engine worthy of em.

Blower requires the same engine under it if not more and a properlly ported cyl head as a start.

Big ignition is needed like a coil per plug/cam sync type deal. A msd and stuff can work but also kill coils like hookers do condoms.

If you can't do the fab work you need to find someone left field to help you.

Ryan AKA Tas is a Wagga local too and will help were he can.

And yes dex I run a M1SC-b Procharger on my xflow making 14PSI. It power skids in top gear at 80-100kph. But again there a $2000 blower 2nd hand minimum and then you need to sort pullies brackets and shit.I used chev stuff as it fits xflows and a 8 rib serpentine drive. Was easy for me but its not for everyone. 

Thanks all. Lots to think about. This is my daily driver, so I do need to be a bit sensible and reliable in what I do.

Spending money and time and making bits or having bits made is no issue. Love that stuff.

First thing to do is track down a decent donor motor anyway.

Ok, had a think about it and looked at my project list. Thanks to everyone that replied. Lots of good advice, especially from @slydog . I think I will go back to Plan A and build a decent carbied motor.

I'd love Triples Webers, so will start looking at what I need for that. I'll start a thread in the Crossflow forum for that.

I've got three Dodge AT4s here that I am going to start work on at Christmas. Got a 318 for my 114 and will look at another 318 or bigger for the 329 I am building for my wife. Third truck is a donor cab for my 114 as its cab s rusted out.

Rat Ute in work sitting next to Rat Rod going to be.

69212101_10157551589034516_9744973489713

On 8/27/2019 at 9:54 PM, motoSycho said:

Ok, had a think about it and looked at my project list. Thanks to everyone that replied. Lots of good advice, especially from @slydog . I think I will go back to Plan A and build a decent carbied motor.

I'd love Triples Webers, so will start looking at what I need for that. I'll start a thread in the Crossflow forum for that.

I've got three Dodge AT4s here that I am going to start work on at Christmas. Got a 318 for my 114 and will look at another 318 or bigger for the 329 I am building for my wife. Third truck is a donor cab for my 114 as its cab s rusted out.

Rat Ute in work sitting next to Rat Rod going to be.

69212101_10157551589034516_9744973489713

Another afflicted with the dodge sickness.  Mines a at4-129 245 hemi.

Talking about blown crossy's. Ryan Ohara aka Taz Tuned has had great success with his 4/71 blown cross flow running low 11's now. 11.1 119mph in his gasser gig.

Still the same basic engine combo,some match porting and switch to a TFI dizzy over electronic but reading plugs and adding timing made it drop nearly a second.Yes went from 12.0-11.9 type deal to a 11.1 by not taking out soo much timing.

Engines need timing to be efficient and the results are happier engines and faster times.Once plugs identified tune timing was added and BAM its a new car.

Internet scare tactics and only this person knows days are over. There just a engine that wants what they want.Give it to em👍🏽

No it isn't. Its a general gauge of 6 pipes together. Each cyl can run 4points difference. Think about that.

Heat signature on the earth strap,colour and condition on top of the body before the threads.Colouring on the porcelin. But reading em has to be done with new plugs and directly after a WOT pull with no idle time.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:13 PM, slydog said:

AB100 International is same body but lights on top of each other from memory.

AA series is one headlight above the other, AB is on an angle