Jafia

BF Headlight Globe Replacement

So a stupid question :P How do you change a headlight globe in a BF Falcon. I'm use to the older models where is was simple to change the globes, and honestly from the looks of it looks like a pain in the bum :/

Is it the same as BA? If so, squeeze the sides of the wiring plug to release it from the terminals as you pull it back, take the rubber seal off the back of the housing, globe is held in by a spring clamp just look/feel for the light grey wire thing and gently push it in a little then sort of upwards to unhook it from the housing, globe should practically fall out. Reverse to install. I just changed my au one with one I harvested from the ba donor. Don't know if bf is different.

Worst part is getting your hand in there, especially if it's an outer globe.

May be easier to remove battery (driver side) or airbox (passenger side) depending on the size of your hands.

Then as said, rubber boot off, squeeze connector with hands and it'll come off, could be stuck on if hasn't been out for a while.

To remove the globe theres a metal spring clip that unclips.

Remember when installing the new globe not to touch the glass with your fingers or it'll blow way quicker than you want.