napolian_was

thermoquad on edelbrock manifold

So... anyone running a thermoquad on an alloy intake manifold? I've used a speco adapter and ported it to flow better in the opposite direction and butterfly clearance. just got to match the adapter to the manifold now.

H5YVzD1.jpg

x2mg371.jpg

Looks good, you will have to drill out the bolt holes to take Allen key capscrews though. That's unless that manifold has a dual bolt pattern for either spread or square bore, then you just use long studs that go straight through.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure if i would run the crossover but its a street car so would probably be in my best interest. new vally pan come with a thin gasket for the bottom of the pan and rtv for the top. 

realy excited to run the thermo and see how it performs its a rebuilt unit. 

I’m running this exact setup on the missus’s ESP, goes hard, pretty got fuel economy, ( not that it’s something I care about ), and when you get those secondaries open it sings a sweet tune. :)

I wasn't sure if i would run the crossover but its a street car so would probably be in my best interest. new vally pan come with a thin gasket for the bottom of the pan and rtv for the top. 

realy excited to run the thermo and see how it performs its a rebuilt unit. 

Yeah I blocked mine off ages ago when running a full metal Holley due to severe vapour lock. Now that I'm running a Street Demon with the composite body (just like a thermoquad) it's hard to get a lean enough tune for economy but still have it driveable when it's cool outside. As it is, it takes a good 15 minutes for the stumble to clear up.

What I would suggest is block one side of the crossover to give a minimal circulation of hot gas. . Another trick could be to partially block it by using a bit of thin stainless steel but drill it out with say an 8mm drill to restrict the flow.

The crossover heat on mine got so savage that the engine paint was starting to burn away around the crossover ports. Remember these engines were designed for North America, which gets brutally cold in parts compared to here, so we don't need anywhere near as much manifold heating as they do.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk