Server maintenance Read more... ×
JohnnyeHCF

XG Steering Coupling removal.

Hello this is my first post here,have been having trouble with getting the nut of the steering box in my xg ute and can't seem to find the correct information on if it's just normal/reverse thread or how it needs to come off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20190810_16962.jpg

wow that coupling is mint, hope you arn't removing it to fit a nolathane one. 

i remember the one i did once was an asshole of an idea, i'm fairly sure it's a normal thread @SPArKy_Dave may know, he likes fixing these things

Yeah it looks okay but does have some play in it-funny you should mention the nolathane one as that's exactly what I'm doing-but the xg is only destined for the track it's not getting registered for the road.I definitely would not be using it for street use.Should I have it on full lock when I put tension on the nut maybe?

it looks as dry as nuns cnt,spray some wd40 and let it soak ,then off she comes,you may need to lightly tap it with a hammer b4 undoing,should be normal thread.

They are a lock nut, normal thread.
My advice -
Don't fit a nolathane one... very bad idea, they crumble.

You can get new/repro OEM style ones, with the reinforced rubber.
I've got a Nolathane one in my wagon with no issues so far. And if it does have any issues, Nolathane have a lifetime warranty.

I tried to source an OEM one for the ute when I replaced the box in that and had absolutely no luck at all.

They are a lock nut, normal thread.
My advice -
Don't fit a nolathane one... very bad idea, they crumble.

You can get new/repro OEM style ones, with the reinforced rubber.
What I heard was that maybe 10 years ago or more, that brand had a problem with the brew of urethane it was using; all of their bushes were doing the same thing.

Hence the reason why they now offer such a warranty. They need to regain customer confidence after they earned such a bad reputation.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

What I heard was that maybe 10 years ago or more, that brand had a problem with the brew of urethane it was using; all of their bushes were doing the same thing.

Hence the reason why they now offer such a warranty. They need to regain customer confidence after they earned such a bad reputation.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Blue pro is the go

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk