Server maintenance Read more... ×
wok

XE Falcon Spac stripes/decals and front lip spoiler

GDay, does anyone know where I can get XE Falcon Spac stripes/decals and front lip spoiler ? I thought I read somewhere that the spoilers were being made in fibreglass but haven't been able to locate any for sale ?

cheers

Warren

if they are being made in fibreglass @EgoXF  may know if Alfa motorsport did it, there's a mob in Qld doing a lot of fibreglass stuff also RESIN DOGS they are on facebook

the stripes are available, @SPArKy_Dave may remember who did them, i can't brain right now

excellent thanks guys, how I missed the grafixunlimited website in my search im not sure !....will get some ordered.

now for the front lip search !....

there was someone who planned to make the S-pak/Ghia/ESP front bumper lip but never eventuated,

I had Alfa fiberglass reply to a comment I made about making a fiberglass lip along the lines of,

It would be hard to make a mold for a S-Pak lip with the shape of them & how they flex

the s pack stripes from graffix do not fit properly,you will need to cut and shut where nessercary,mainly around the rear dog leg wheel arch,i spoke to him about a year ago to fix this,i have done 2 s packs with the sticker kit and are good quality ,and well worth it.

17 hours ago, SPArKy_Dave said:

There's a $200 one on Facebook atm.

ahhh don't have facebook !

don't suppose you can PM the details ?

7 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

the s pack stripes from graffix do not fit properly,you will need to cut and shut where nessercary,mainly around the rear dog leg wheel arch,i spoke to him about a year ago to fix this,i have done 2 s packs with the sticker kit and are good quality ,and well worth it.

ok thanks for the heads up !

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:12 PM, FORD_MAN said:

there was someone who planned to make the S-pak/Ghia/ESP front bumper lip but never eventuated,

I had Alfa fiberglass reply to a comment I made about making a fiberglass lip along the lines of,

It would be hard to make a mold for a S-Pak lip with the shape of them & how they flex

I wonder if it could be made from plastic, via 3d printer, even if in sections...will go make some enquiries

I thought for making a mould, if you had bumper & lip on bolted up to a car, & fill the rear of the lip with filler it would be firmer, & could then could start making a mould of the front of the lip easy enough, but the rear mounting surface would take abit of working out.

hmmm, the mounting I see has a few possibilities

perhaps the 3d printed or (more) solid fibreglass one could have male studs moulded in, and  then use nuts from above, or have inserted threaded holes and use bolts from above

I'm thinking it could be moulded in 3 or 4 parts, should be easier to pop from the mold and  that way if it got damaged you wouldn't have to replace the whole thing,

purchasers could then join and smooth out if the totally original look was desired

1 hour ago, wok said:

hmmm, the mounting I see has a few possibilities

perhaps the 3d printed or (more) solid fibreglass one could have male studs moulded in, and  then use nuts from above, or have inserted threaded holes and use bolts from above

I'm thinking it could be moulded in 3 or 4 parts, should be easier to pop from the mold and  that way if it got damaged you wouldn't have to replace the whole thing,

purchasers could then join and smooth out if the totally original look was desired

check post #4 one of the members here used it on an XD bumper for a while(until the elusive XD S pack one turned up) 
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?41507-Rubber-Front-Lip-DIY-(under-80)

the previous owner of my car used 4wd rubber guard flare from clark rubber & self tappet screws to make a lip... mine turned out alright too... its been on for a while hasn't deteriorated with UV rays etc... it wouldn't be as effective as the one you have done but looks the goods IMO...

how it looks...

IMG_0553.jpg

yeah the old bumper lower section is an old trick, &  if I come across a bumper before the original  I will probably do the same

I did buy off ebay some front lip rubber for another car which could also work, might test it out on the weekend

59 minutes ago, wok said:

wow the stuff at clark rubber isn't cheap $19+ per metre !....

nothing's cheap these days

when i first bought a genuine lip 25yrs ago for My XE S pack, i paid $50(the original was mangled )

the last 2 i sold about 15 years ago off wrecks went for $150 in a snap. 
haven't seen one under $200 for a while lately, and i'd expect that's cheap, because ESP's are now worth triple what they were then, and every ESP guy is a hoarder probably snapping them up and storing forever

1 hour ago, deankdx said:

nothing's cheap these days

when i first bought a genuine lip 25yrs ago for My XE S pack, i paid $50(the original was mangled )

the last 2 i sold about 15 years ago off wrecks went for $150 in a snap. 
haven't seen one under $200 for a while lately, and i'd expect that's cheap, because ESP's are now worth triple what they were then, and every ESP guy is a hoarder probably snapping them up and storing forever

You call it hoarding, I call it, having spares of parts that you can’t get anymore.

24 minutes ago, ESPSIX said:

You call it hoarding, I call it, having spares of parts that you can’t get anymore.

i used to do the same for the fords i had..
now i'm doing same for gemini to a degree(can't afford what i'd like to have spare though)

yeah, there's no harm in having spares ! especially of stuff that hasn't been remade,

im expecting to have to pay north of $250 for  a lip that needs work, which is OK, as I will make it back if I can get them remade,

my car is not an esp or even a spak so I don't plan on spending heaps for "the look", and not in any hurry, got heaps to do like  finish the rust repairs, get club rego and then do the barra swap, hopefully a lip will present itself in the next few months

3 hours ago, deankdx said:

i used to do the same for the fords i had..
now i'm doing same for gemini to a degree(can't afford what i'd like to have spare though)

Its funny, when I see people here and on FB asking for parts like these, my first thought is, “ha, didn’t realise they were that hard to come by, I’ve got half a dozen sitting in the shed”, but things like lip spoilers, I got when you could get them for $10, now, I just feel glad I’m not trying to build a car now days.