El Dee

XF Cluster Speedo Adjustment

Hi Im wondering if theres any screw or knob or something on the XF S-pac cluster you can turn to adjust the speedo reading.

Speedo was reading 20km over however I installed the correct driven gear for a 3.23 diff ratio and its now reading 10km under, Im guessing because the tyres Im running now are larger than stock, just need to get that little nudge up and shes ready for RWC

for 10% you can go about 1 tooth difference on the gear for.. i assume you went from 19tooth to 21?  if you get a 20 tooth t will be about right.

for anything in between if you pop the needle off and preposition it slightly over or under at ZERO it will give you a simple adjustment.

i think there is a trim pot on them you can adjust, but from memory it might be painful to access. 

you can also do it with an electronic  speedo corrector kit.. shouldn't be required for what you have though

8 hours ago, deankdx said:

for 10% you can go about 1 tooth difference on the gear for.. i assume you went from 19tooth to 21?  if you get a 20 tooth t will be about right.

for anything in between if you pop the needle off and preposition it slightly over or under at ZERO it will give you a simple adjustment.

i think there is a trim pot on them you can adjust, but from memory it might be painful to access. 

you can also do it with an electronic  speedo corrector kit.. shouldn't be required for what you have though

Another $40 for a new gear is what I was trying to avoid but I think thats the go and yeh good idea with adjusting the needle thanks for the tip!

31 minutes ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

what size tyre are you running

Was running 19 tooth changed to 21 tooth to suit 3.23 diff but im guessing the bridgestone eagers on the 14" rims are larger than stock so still out of whack.

5 hours ago, El Dee said:

Another $40 for a new gear is what I was trying to avoid

that 21 tooth gear is quite often used, you'd probably be able to sell it for $20 easy enough at min(or $35 incl post perhaps?) 

i had 235/60/14s on my cars and it actually removed the factory speedo error with the  2.77 or 2.92 diffs.(used the wheels on several cars) 

the tyre size will be a small percent difference, like 3 or 4 i think over"correct" sizing of tyre. 

i never went by colours of the gears, just need to make sure it's the correct one for the gearbox in my opinion(borg warner 4 speed auto or C10/fmx etc)  i've seen varying colours with the same teeth and angle in the past.