Parko762

How much is to much

that rust is pretty typical of any XD XE XF XG etc age these days, was pretty common 10yrs ago even. 

is that TOO MUCH, NO! if that's all that's in it, that's not much rust at all.

@2redrovers might have a better explanation but from My experience, in these falcons. .those spots are easier to fix than most other cases.

check the wiper plenum, remove the grille by removing the left wiper arm, then 5 or 6 screws, spray the redbacks inside,, put some gloves on and vacuum or get the leaves out of inside there. check for rust inside.. that's the worst to fix in my opinion.

A pillars(things the front door hinges bolt to) can be rusty sometimes, but if they aren't rusted you'll rarely find much elsewhere. 

There is some in the top of the lh a pillar which i wont know the extent of until th bog from a previous cover up comes off and a bit on top of the wiper plenum which i can easily get the section for i checked inside the grille you mentioned aand would you believe not a bloody spot of rust and about half a dozen leaves

Rust at the top of a pillar often means water has been able to get in and fall to the bottom. This often means the bottom is gone or going, and can be the cause of the the sill in the first pic. The c pillar photo is a bit close up to see context but as Dean said these are a little easier than other cars. You mentioned a previous bog job so expect that to be bigger than it looks.

Definitely not the worst car I've ever repaired, not by a long shot if that's all you can find.

There is some in the top of the lh a pillar which i wont know the extent of until th bog from a previous cover up comes off and a bit on top of the wiper plenum which i can easily get the section for i checked inside the grille you mentioned aand would you believe not a bloody spot of rust and about half a dozen leaves
Yeah mine had those spots you mentioned as well as the plenum rot, might depend on where it was parked. When I repaired the tops of the plenum (the bits either side of the grille) I noticed that the underside had stuff-all paint, so that might well be the cause of the rust.

The c-pillar in yours lives under the sail panel so even if you cut one out of an old fridge door and weld it in, you won't see it. The sill same thing, as long as the bottom of the guard has something solid to bolt onto and sits nicely in relation to the door, it doesn't matter what it looks like really. Body deadener fixes all...

And when it's all done, fish oil the crap out of everything once a year, no excuses for it to rust then.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk