Emily91

V8 windsor efi

4 hours ago, Emily91 said:

Heya , the girlfriend asked me to find a manual V8 windsor efi bell housing or au bell housing for her car . can anyone help ?

what's it for?  the AU(6cyl)  bell housing is a different bolt pattern to V8 and and crossflow(xf 6cyl ), the V8 bolt pattern is different to crossflow 6cyl, and takes a specific V8 gearbox i think also

what's it for?  the AU(6cyl)  bell housing is a different bolt pattern to V8 and and crossflow(xf 6cyl ), the V8 bolt pattern is different to crossflow 6cyl, and takes a specific V8 gearbox i think also
Yep V8 models have a longer input shaft. AU-onwards 6 cyls got this version also. All other T5s were toploader/single rail length.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, gerg said:

AU-onwards 6 cyls got this version also. All other T5s were toploader/single rail length.

So AU 6 cyl T5's are directly interchangeable with an AU V8 T5?

Umm... As far as I can recall when researching it years ago. The AU 6 box has wider ratios and lower torque rating, 3.35 first. The V8 one is the fabled T5Z with 2.95 first. I have a feeling that the shifters are in slightly different positions.@Thom ?

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, gerg said:

Umm... As far as I can recall when researching it years ago. The AU 6 box has wider ratios and lower torque rating, 3.35 first. The V8 one is the fabled T5Z with 2.95 first. I have a feeling that the shifters are in slightly different positions.@Thom ?

Just curious because I have a AU 6cyl ute with a T5 in it and I'd been told I needed to source a V6 mustang input shaft if I wanted to use it as a spare for my AUII V8, but the guy I'd been talking to about it generally doesn't play with AU-onwards stuff, but had put a AU 6 cylinder T5 behind a EB vintage V8 that had munched a box...

25 minutes ago, XRWagz said:

have a AU 6cyl ute with a T5 in it and I'd been told I needed to source a V6 mustang input shaft

i thought the AU had same input shaft as the older 6cyl T5s but longer extension housing end with gear stick further back.. never seen one though, so would also tag @Thom

i thought the AU had same input shaft as the older 6cyl T5s but longer extension housing end with gear stick further back.. never seen one though, so would also tag [mention=43]Thom[/mention]
au 6 cylinder does have the same input shaft length as e series (and xf) 6 cylinder 4.0, I used an au bellhousing when I put the au based 4.0 in my xh but I kept the original xh t5, but the au extension housing is longer and the shifter is 30mm further rearward than earlier t5's.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:52 PM, Thom said:
On 7/25/2019 at 5:06 PM, deankdx said:
i thought the AU had same input shaft as the older 6cyl T5s but longer extension housing end with gear stick further back.. never seen one though, so would also tag [mention=43]Thom[/mention]

au 6 cylinder does have the same input shaft length as e series (and xf) 6 cylinder 4.0, I used an au bellhousing when I put the au based 4.0 in my xh but I kept the original xh t5, but the au extension housing is longer and the shifter is 30mm further rearward than earlier t5's.

What about the V8 boxes?

Are they different dimensions, to the 6cyl T5's?

What about the V8 boxes?
Are they different dimensions, to the 6cyl T5's?
yes the v8 t5's use a longer input shaft than 6 cylinder, and au v8 also has the shifter further rearward than earlier t5's