deankdx

CERAMIC spark plug boots exist

Just watched lastest roadkill (at 21:25)Draguar, Friebuger was saying he came up with the idea for them,
"Quote of Friebuger" "circa 1986 I was working at a aftermarket ignition company, Jacobs electronics they did systems for RV's/motorhomes , RV's/motorhomes were having issues of burning plug leads going up long grades since they get so hot. They where having a meeting about it asking if anyone had an idea to fix it, so I said "'I do you know what dosen't burn... spark plugs, why don't we make them out of the same porcelain as spark plugs".

46 minutes ago, FORD_MAN said:

Just watched lastest roadkill (at 21:25)Draguar, Friebuger was saying he came up with the idea for them,
"Quote of Friebuger" "circa 1986 I was working at a aftermarket ignition company, Jacobs electronics they did systems for RV's/motorhomes , RV's/motorhomes were having issues of burning plug leads going up long grades since they get so hot. They where having a meeting about it asking if anyone had an idea to fix it, so I said "'I do you know what dosen't burn... spark plugs, why don't we make them out of the same porcelain as spark plugs".

yeah that's what made me go googling.. was watching something burn spark plug leads recently and can't remember what it was (possibly Cleetus McFarlands LEEROY on youtube) and thought hmm, that would fix it

58 minutes ago, XRWagz said:

haven't bakelite boots been available for motorcycles for some time now? I remember my father gave me one maybe 15 years ago.....

i hadn't heard of anything else, but i'm sure there'd be other stuff out there. but sometimes you get stuck in your head that nothings available, instead of asking what IS available for an issue