Server maintenance Read more... ×
Aussieyobbo16

Xg wipers stuffed.

Alright all. The wipers on my xg have randomly decided to stop working. Not ideal when trying to get ready for roady. I’ve checked all the fuses and relays I can find but still nothin and all the wires look in good nick. Does this mean me motor is buggered. And if so is there chance I could get an au one to fit in there. Tia

not sure what the AU motor looks like, but it may be same (you'd need to remove it from the wiper arm assembly at min. .not sure if the wiring plugs would be same either.)

XF to XH would be a direct fit i would think. if you can find one.. that's assuming the motor is stuffed(doubt it, usually they are slow when old..)

i'd unplug and replug in the wiring connector. old connections can get tarnish on them also and be bad connections

no idea which wires do what in the wiper motor to hotwire it for checking, but someone might?

Au motor had same plug and basic shape. But the shaft that connects to the linkages Is the wrong shape. I tried to swap em around but they’re setup too different. Stripper the original motor down and cleaned it and out it back together again. Havnt managed to get it reinstalled yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk