Server maintenance Read more... ×
wokko

Clutch Fan

Hey guys,

I want to put on a new water pump on my XG , is there a trick to getting off the clutch fan?
In my crappy manual Whatever_anim.gif it says there should be a nut (left hand thread) + some special tool to hold it.
I can see you can put a shifter on the shaft part before the fins but the end where I assume the nut is suppose to be is only a curled spring... My EA motor is the same so I assume the manual is pulling my leg smile.gifyelrotflmao.gif

So how do we pull the clutch fan off the water pump ???

The nut on the shaft part (before the fins) is where it undoes from. You need to hold the pulley from turning though. I just push down hard on the belt to increase tension and stop the pulley from turning. You can also try and wedge a big screwdriver between the bolt heads and the nut but clearance is rather tight.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, gerg said:

The nut on the shaft part (before the fins) is where it undoes from. You need to hold the pulley from turning though. I just push down hard on the belt to increase tension and stop the pulley from turning. You can also try and wedge a big screwdriver between the bolt heads and the nut but clearance is rather tight.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Kool, thank you

I'll give it a go tonight if I get home before it gets dark otherwise tomorrow.

5 hours ago, wokko said:

Kool, thank you

I'll give it a go tonight if I get home before it gets dark otherwise tomorrow.

there's not complete pics in here(i used someone elses at the time)

Just an update
pulled water pump off as it was leaking
full of silicon as a gasket and O ring for return heater pipe conf.gif
Not sure what people are thinking, all that time ripping off belts,fan and water pump albeit draining fluid (dirty/greasy job) and can't go down and spent $8 from repco/supercheap for a gasket/O ring
doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif
But all is well it has a brand new water pump and I have a spare one if I get another falcon.
woko is online nowReport Post   Edit/Delete Message

i ended up re using the old O ring on that return pipe, there was no hope of getting the new supplied one to work,  pretty sure i went to ford and got one and couldn't get that to work either(suspect pump casting was the issue on non genuine pump)
in hind sight, i'd have sent the old pump off to be reco'd like @SPArKy_Dave would suggest. providing there isn't corrosion on it.