Server maintenance Read more... ×
Lankymanxg

Alternator belt tension

Hi guys I've just replaced the alternator belt in my xg and it's still squeeling on startup and going low speed with headlights on,I'm just wandering how tight it needs to be

Belt deflection for them as quoted by factory is 10-11 mm. If you look at the top mounting bolt and bracket you will notice that it’s on kinda rack and pinion system if it hasn’t been stripped out. Just loosen all the mounting bolts a little then loosen the top bolt and rotate inner bolt (gear driven) on the mounting bracket rack till you get tight tension and tighten outer bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Banno said:

Belt deflection for them as quoted by factory is 10-11 mm. If you look at the top mounting bolt and bracket you will notice that it’s on kinda rack and pinion system if it hasn’t been stripped out. Just loosen all the mounting bolts a little then loosen the top bolt and rotate inner bolt (gear driven) on the mounting bracket rack till you get tight tension and tighten outer bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks,I just phisically moved the alternator to tighten it but it obviously wasn't enough,it's always squeeled on start up since I've got it,I'll tighten it the right way and see how it goes