Server maintenance Read more... ×
wokko

What auto box do I have ?

Hey guys, 93 XG falcon ute 4spd auto
How can I find out what auto I have?
The other day I thought I would check my tranny fluid level but do you think I could find the dipstick doh.gif
I checked my workshop manual and it says it should be on the right hand side buf not there...
I jacked it up to have a look and see if there was a name or number somewhere as I assume there is a plate of some sort with number on it ?
I will grab some pics of the tranny tomorrow if I can get a good shot of it.
Cheers good.gif

EF(or XH i think also) onwards didn't have a dipstick, could be even an AU one possibly.. 

i don't know how you'd tell the difference though if there is any

ef series 11 ford removed the dipstick on btr 4 speed autos, it just means at some point you car has had a later gearbox fitted, if you are going to check the fluid level you need to do it with the trams warm, engine running and in park, there's a plug on the drivers side of the gearbox that is incredibly easy to round the head off, make sure you use tq95 or 95le not dex 3

Cheers guys, will have a good look tomorrow as I would like to do a service on the tranny,

It did look like a sealed unit but was just so use to the EA (1988) with a dipstick to check the level and I thought I was going mad or blind :D.