wok

Barra into XE falcon - rego/engineers etc in Victoria

Hi all, i'm planning to repower my XE (originally 6 cylinder carby car)  with a BF barra 6 (non turbo) has anyone had real life experience with VicRoads on this topic, i.e. do I need an engineers report ? 

I read/come across a lot of threads (other forums as well) but many are several years old now, and have a lot of conflicting information from back then.

hoping to find some direction on here, as to date no one the engineers I have contact have responded.

Thanks
Warren

i sent an engineer 2 emails last week (bonneville consulting https://bonneville.com.au/ )

the second email i basically asked, Hi, do you prefer a phone call, email or a walk in for enquiries because i hadn't received a reply yet.

answer? nothing .. 

how did you contact them? 

I asked "Dr Tim" a question on fb related to engine size but got no answer. I've seen a lot of unanswered questions there too. He also happens to be the engineer that street machine mag uses now.

VicRoads has adopted the national code VSB14, which has certain displacement/power-to-weight limits for both owner certified and engineered vehicles.

Scroll down to the LA (engines) section and download the pdf.

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Gday
Yep tried email and phone messages

Thinking will hold off until i have rego then do the engine swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC bonneville used to have a contact page on his website with a form you had to fill in and attach pictures etc

1 hour ago, wok said:

JC bonneville used to have a contact page on his website with a form you had to fill in and attach pictures etc

seems pretty stupid to have an email form, and not reply. .
they should say, this is for existing customers or for day to day FAQ, see link here.. don't email us or call .. we are busy doing things. 

From reading the link provided (if im reading it right)

the power increase (section only) without certification is extra 20% above that of any of the engine offered for the model ( 351cuin/ 149kw) need to double check the quoted V8 power figures

Makes the KW max for an XE 178kw (149x1.2)

So if i put in a green rocker cover gas barra which i think are quoted @ 156kw
I should be ok power increase wise

Now to read all the other sections !