Server maintenance Read more... ×
snowhitexe

King spring Low vs Super low

Hey all, i'm new here, bought my 82 xe fairmont recently, and one of the first things i'm looking to do to it is lower it, as its sitting way too high. 

The car isn't going to be a daily but i still want some practicality and don't really want to constantly be scraping over speed bumps etc.

Just wanted some opinions and pics too, of both king low and super low. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Car is a carby 250 crossflow btw 

in My opinion, if you love the way a good falcon drives, go LOWS.. superlows suffer bump steer .

if you want it to look low, super lows are better at looking low..

both get over speed humps fine if the exhaust is done properly. 

I agree, an I'll add that there are other tricks to visually lowering the car, for instance: using larger diameter wheels (puts upper edge of rim closer to top of wheelarch), tuck wheels inwards slightly for a similar effect (use more positive offset) but be careful of upper ball joint clearance on anything wider than 7"

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

agree lows are the best ,i run king lows with 1cm coil pad or bush ,you can also keep the std shock length,but if you use superlows you must use the shorter shock
Here is the height with std 15" rims king lows with 1cm spacer55aaaafa41e1e1ab597fb56249f66dd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input guys, the shocks part doesn’t really bother me because I’ll be replacing them either way.

Sounds like low definitely have a better ride quality but they do sit a little bit higher than I’d like. Anyone have pics with superlows? Would be good to see how much of a difference they make.

Thanks for the input guys, the shocks part doesn’t really bother me because I’ll be replacing them either way.
Sounds like low definitely have a better ride quality but they do sit a little bit higher than I’d like. Anyone have pics with superlows? Would be good to see how much of a difference they make.
If you want about 1/2" extra lowering along with a more sports-oriented geometry, consider the Shelby drop. There's a couple of threads on here (including mine) if you feel like digging. The net is also full of forums on how to do it. Searching might even get you to one of our threads (does for me).

The job can be done in an arvo if you're already doing the springs and have everything prepared.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk