SPArKy_Dave

DANGER! Never use cheap fuses in your vehicle!

I've always gone to great lengths to obtain and use only OEM/name brand replacement fuses.

(much to the amusement of others)

Recently, I stumbled across a youtube clip, which clearly illustrates the reasons why.

NEVER use cheap fuses...

Some aftermarket offerings are so 'out of spec', that their TRUE rating is closer to x5 times higher.

ie - marked as 10amp, but ACTUALLY rated at 40amps

For those who value their vehicles, I'd strongly suggest to watch -

Thanks for the heads up!
But I'm not surprised... Not even a little bit... Now i want to test my fuses. 
This can and should be applied to anything you purchase, especially from ebay and ESPECIALLY if it looks like its from china. It's easier to assume that what your buying has been manufactured to the poorest standard they can get away with, and the advertising is a great big lie. Then you gotta ask yourself "What are the consequences if what i purchase is the worst case scenario" And if the consequences are acceptable. You can continue with the purchase.

I could go on but i wont. Suffice to say, always be skeptical. I've even caught Jaycar peddling the same low quality Chinese garbage. (Disclaimer: Not everything from china is garbage. But it's all definitely high risk) 

I like his Milliohm meter. The ones I use are cumbersome devices and connecting them to the target is usually frustrating due to having 4 contact points. His one has integrated each contact into 1/2 of the alligator clip. 

Wait, so my dads trick of wrapping a blown fuse in foil and reinstalling it is no good..?

Good video, 2 things worth spending extra cash on for quality are fuses and electrical meters, I've seen a lot of very cheap meters on sites and in shops and it blows me away that anyone would actually rely on them.

I have 3, 10 Dolla meters for all my garbage work. Only get the good one out for electronics. 

And surpringly, the one time I had a meter screw me around for bad volts reading it was my good one, reading incorrectly due to a low battery.

So even if your spending $100 bucks on a meter it's still not really reliable until your getting a quality brand unit and then it may be costing multiple hundreds. 

I did have a 600 Dolla meter and the screen shit itself just out of warranty. :(