Server maintenance Read more... ×
wokko

coil wiring ?

What ohms range should I be getting on my 93 XG falcon ute coil ?

I have three coils here all get 01.3 - 01.5 ohms minus 0.5 multimeter resistance so 0,8 - 1.0

one was off my ea falcon which was working fine but produces no spark on my XG ???

one which looks brand new which came with the car which was part of a kit dizzy/coil rae brand from repco

the other was on the car

all don't produce spark well not that I can see by myself

UPDATE :

worked out that the TFI module is not pulsing the coil so I have order another TFI module

Now someone in the past has cut and extended the wiring for the coil but has a different coil on it from the standard in they have cut the injector style connector to just two wires with female spade terminals fitted.

new coil has the normal connector with one red and one orange wire coming out of the connector

there is no markings on the coil or terminals to tell which wire is which

so I assumed (hoping logical) that the red wire was the hot side and orange was the pulse side from the tfi

but I'm not 100 % sure and wondering if I have it wrong... did I cook the tfi module, as apparently it had a new distributor put in it ???

Is there a way to work out which wire goes to which side of the coil ???

I dont want to put the tfi module in and then have the coil wired up wrong and kill the tfi.....😖