Server maintenance Read more... ×
wokko

Ecu advice

If I removed my ecu from my 93 XG falcon ute and put it back in say a couple of days later, do you need to do anything before you start the motor?

I just got it running from a starting issue I had and I decided I would fix some of the wiring someone had cut + joined on the ecu loom.

Which is why I had removed ecu,

but now it seems that the timing is way out and the car wont start and if it does, it sounds like the timing is way out of whack.

19 minutes ago, deankdx said:

i'd say it's probably not ECU related, if you'd bumped a wire or hose off in the engine bay is more likely. 

Kool, hope so

will check wiring hoses as I was playing around with putting leads on the dizzy (what a job that is... poor design).

mmm, I wondering now if I put the leads back on the right spots on the dizzy cap.

going off firing order on inlet 153624

number 1 on cap I have is the first one on the left of the wiring connector, then going clockwise 153624

could someone verify this is correct as I can't find a pic on google for the cap locations

firing order is correct, 153624 
starting point, probably needed to check where number 1 was prior.. just to be sure no one put dissy back in a different spot previously

Pretty sure I did check prior but not 100%  sure as it was hard to see under there, I had a piece of paper from the box that had the new dizzy in when the last owners apparently put it in and it had some diagram of the dizzy so I went of that.

yeah there's a bit of a rule that says change one lead at a time with these sorts of things.
double check them, if they are correct you may have to look elsewhere

are the leads clipped on the terminals and plugs properly? did you get decent brand replacement parts?

1 hour ago, deankdx said:

are the leads clipped on the terminals and plugs properly? did you get decent brand replacement parts?

Yeah all clip on fine and got 8mm bosch leads, there were 10mm bosch leads that i was going to grab but original  ones were  8mm so went with them

packed up for the day, will have a look tomorrow.

I think I will  pull no 1 spark plug and spin crank to tdc and check rotor to verify all is good with dizy/cap.

I know there is someone silly I've done somewhere which I'll find one day 😆