car10001

Au ecu conversion

Hi everyone

was wondering what’s best way to get a tx valve ac system working off a au v8 ecu.

what wire on ecu harness is for clutch engage

also can you get the fittings for au pressure sensor and fittings welded onto e series lines so all just plugs straight in

thanks 

exactly what are you trying to achieve?

what car is it in, and why are you using an AU ECU?

also.... why are you using a TX valve? AU's ran an orifice tube

12 minutes ago, XRWagz said:

exactly what are you trying to achieve?

what car is it in, and why are you using an AU ECU?

also.... why are you using a TX valve? AU's ran an orifice tube

could you fit the au lines with what it came with and change ends to ed fittings to go on condensor and dryer and will the ed climate panel work as someone on fordmods think members name is timmya or something fitted all au wiring and au ac system and made it work on ed aircon panel and changed condeosor and dryer end to go on  ed front

The biggest hassle of making it all work is going to be actually getting pipework made up to suit the V8 installation (if its much different to 6's), the systems arent remarkably different, ED's use a TX valve and receiver/dryer to manage refrigerant flow, whereas AU's use an orifice tube and refrigerant accumulator. Assuming the pipework is adaptable, its simply a matter of connecting up the AC clutch and the pressure switch wiring.

Other than that, theres no reason why there should be any difficulties making things work.

The climate control in EA-ED's works with the heater box under the dash, and the limit of its communication with the ECU that aircon has been selected.

There is, however, feedback from a second temp sender in climate controlled cars that sits in the steel heater pipe near the oil filler, in non climate cars the sensor is replaced with a threaded plug.

Atm, I'm more concerned as to why you seem set on using an ECU from an AU

The easiest way to achieve ECU functionality for a V8 swap without the benefit of a donor car would be to use a standalone harness kit.

Bare bones EECIV needs barely any wiring outside of the engine harness

1: -ve

2: +ve in for constant for memory

3: +ve in for ignition on

4: +ve in for crank/start

5: +ve out for fuel pump

6: (optional) +ve in for A/C on

All that can be set up without upsetting pretty much any of the car from the firewall back

Do have el v8 engine bay harness and both tcu and ecu just need wire with the connectors to go on tcu 

wheres the climate sensor in eb/ed v8 fairmont 

can make the el ghia v8 harnesses work on ed dash just need to swap plugs and run wires out to seperate climate and temp sensors, someone used eb wiring in a el dash years back when doing el dash in eb

The coolant temp sensor for the climate control on EB-EL V8's is at the start of the heater pipes up near the thermostat and oil filler cap.

As for the engine harness, it'd be a LOT easier to buy a stand alone EECIV harness than to bodge one together.

4 hours ago, XRWagz said:

The coolant temp sensor for the climate control on EB-EL V8's is at the start of the heater pipes up near the thermostat and oil filler cap.

As for the engine harness, it'd be a LOT easier to buy a stand alone EECIV harness than to bodge one together.

Already have a el ghia v8 engine bay harness and nearly a whole car harness and only need to swap plugs and add a couple wires for ed dash to work and the tcu connectors or preferably the behind dashboard harness out a el v8 with cruise control.

if you were to buy a stand-alone eec4 v8 harness how would you connect it to the wiring that’s already there in the ed, will the eec have the transmission computer or would you still need a separate one 

any chance you can attach picture of exact exact location for climate sensor and seperate dash sender in ed v8, have noticed the ecu coolant sensor is behind thermostat screwed into heater pipe

this is on an ED XR8

circled in red is the temp sender for the ECU/Instrument cluster

circled in blue is the plug that gets replaced with the temp sender for the climate control setup on higher spec cars

believe me when I say you're better off finding a stand-alone engine harness to allow you to run a EEC-IV computer instead of splicing together components from 2 different models to put into a third..... and then trying to make it work

easiest way otherwise is to find an engine harness and ECU from a pre smartlock EB V8, its what I've used previously to make a EFI windsor run in a car that never had one, but given the option, I'd find a pre-made harness before going through all that again.... my liver and sanity can only handle so much punishment

as for the automatic side of things...... i'm unable to help you there, I've managed to avoid having to make one work so far....

senders.jpg

2 hours ago, XRWagz said:

this is on an ED XR8

circled in red is the temp sender for the ECU/Instrument cluster

circled in blue is the plug that gets replaced with the temp sender for the climate control setup on higher spec cars

believe me when I say you're better off finding a stand-alone engine harness to allow you to run a EEC-IV computer instead of splicing together components from 2 different models to put into a third..... and then trying to make it work

easiest way otherwise is to find an engine harness and ECU from a pre smartlock EB V8, its what I've used previously to make a EFI windsor run in a car that never had one, but given the option, I'd find a pre-made harness before going through all that again.... my liver and sanity can only handle so much punishment

as for the automatic side of things...... i'm unable to help you there, I've managed to avoid having to make one work so far....

senders.jpg

Is there a third one for dash gauge in the eb/ed v8 ifso wheres that

5 hours ago, XRWagz said:

as for the automatic side of things...... i'm unable to help you there, I've managed to avoid having to make one work so far...

@revhead had a loom modified by CRS running the auto, i'm sure the savings in alcohol were worth the cost of it, let alone the time in sorting it?

some more info in this thread where he fitted the AU 5litre into a transit. must be about due for an update ;) 

[mention=70]revhead[/mention] had a loom modified by CRS running the auto, i'm sure the savings in alcohol were worth the cost of it, let alone the time in sorting it?
some more info in this thread where he fitted the AU 5litre into a transit. must be about due for an update  

Castlemaine rod shop $1200 so easy to fit

Sent from my MYA-L22 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, car10001 said:

Is there a third one for dash gauge in the eb/ed v8 ifso wheres that

The instrument cluster gets its info via that sender

edit: no..... no it doesnt

24 minutes ago, XRWagz said:

The instrument cluster gets its info via that sender

Where’s the third single wire sender for gauge have seen the other locations

16 hours ago, car10001 said:

Where’s the third single wire sender for gauge have seen the other locations

That sender only appears to be fitted to EB/ED's, and is almost immediately in front of the #5 injector on the passenger side front of the intake manifold.

Apparently EF - onwards falcons don't use it, I know the hole for it is plugged on my AU