Simmo74

Ford falcon xg ute

Maybe Eb falcon are the same mate, I know the latch mechanism inside an xg door is the same as eb. I didn’t know xg strikers were different to the xf ones, never looked closely.

use E series Rear ones(fronts are same, but worn out) if you go to wreckers. 
so EA EB ED EF EL.. the latch assy is same as the E series fronts i think also in the door other than the rods that attach 

Thanks deankdx but the holes are different they dont line up but thinking of modifying other striker plates just hoping to find somewhere i can purchase new ones cause its one of things that wears 

5 minutes ago, Simmo74 said:

Ok thanks for the tip just that the doors keep coming open around corners sometimes just want to sort this cause its friggin dangerous

12 minutes ago, Simmo74 said:

Thanks deankdx but the holes are different they dont line up but thinking of modifying other striker plates just hoping to find somewhere i can purchase new ones cause its one of things that wears 

got a photo? sure there's not a left and right version.. 

must either not be adjusted right or the mechanism in the door is dodgy.

Ive got it this panel beater who is really good with falcons knows his stuff but cant find new striker plates he is having teouble too so i got on here hoping someone knew someone or somewhere to buy them new

1 minute ago, Simmo74 said:

Ive got it this panel beater who is really good with falcons knows his stuff but cant find new striker plates he is having teouble too so i got on here hoping someone knew someone or somewhere to buy them new

when i needed to buy them for My XG, i went to wreckers and got E series ones. from rear doors (less worn)

Just see if the door locks ok from inside, I fixed a door mechanism on my brother’s xg a few years back and the door locking part wasn’t right when his mechanism was playing up.

there is a spring that breaks in them, usually will see it won't lock or locks itself with the snipper button.

i don't think it will affect the door latching.. the mechanism could be full of dusty grease, i washed mine out in petrol and the door worked as new on the side with the good spring, i swapped a spring from an e series one on the other. 

Sounds like the striker needs to move outwards slightly. It's likely to be a door/hinge alignment problem, get him to check the door for fatigue cracks while he's messing around with things. If the door is cracked at the hinge it could make the self opening worse.

If he's good I'm sure he'll sort it for you but these days may not be familiar with older models. Can't say I ever saw an x series come through the smash shop while I was working that side and that was a few years ago now.

I had a similar thing happen on the van and the passenger door would open if left unlocked while driving   locking the door seemed to stop it   from memory the mechanic changed the door mechanism  but I don't think he changed the pillar  striker plate.  

that's handy to know that the striker plates are same as rear sedan doors   I have only owned utes and vans in the  e series  so I will have to have a look next time I am at Tipmart

cheers demmo