Server maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Aussieyobbo16

xg window trim

hi all. just wondering if there is any way to remove the piece of trim aroung the outside of the rear window without doing too much damage to the rest of the car. i have a set of roll bars that are bolted into an xh window trim so im wondering what the best way to install them without too much damage or modication.

the window trims come off from the inside, need the head lining dropped for the top ones i think. i haven't done them before just seen how they attach. 

got a photo, sounds unusual.. 

2 minutes ago, deankdx said:

the window trims come off from the inside, need the head lining dropped for the top ones i think. i haven't done them before just seen how they attach. 

got a photo, sounds unusual.. 

I’ll look into that. And I could get a photo but my phone won’t let me upload them. Says the files are too big

3 minutes ago, Aussieyobbo16 said:

I’ll look into that. And I could get a photo but my phone won’t let me upload them. Says the files are too big

are you using the tapatalk app? apparently its simple to upload  with that. i am still doing it old school transferring to laptop for pics 

Just now, deankdx said:

are you using the tapatalk app? apparently its simple to upload  with that. i am still doing it old school transferring to laptop for pics 

Atm I’m only on safari. But I’ve heard a lot about tapatalk

1 minute ago, Aussieyobbo16 said:

Atm I’m only on safari. But I’ve heard a lot about tapatalk

everyone that couldn't upload pics and ended up using tapatalk has got it working fairly quickly.  i should try it just to see how it's done lol

1 hour ago, Aussieyobbo16 said:

The white Ute in the pic is an xf that they were fitted to with the xh trim. I’m trying to figure out how it was done. 

that ute in the pic is an XH, it's got rounded roof edges. (XH mirrors and bonnet slopes off a lot in the pic hard to tell though)

what makes you think it's an XF?

3 hours ago, Aussieyobbo16 said:

Square front end and a lack of 4.0 ouch badges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it looks like this on the front, it is an XH.. actually this pic from grays online doesn't have 4.0 badges either.

the roof edges are rounded on the sides on XH
XD XE XF XG all have sharp edges rather than a curve, this is probably why the XH window surrounds are different. 
imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=19434780&s=gl&

the xh rear window trim is just held in with clips (they fly off at about 220kph) if you dont care about the donor car just use a wide scraper or flat blade screwdriver to flick it off, if you do care about the donor some interior removal tools will do the trick

the xh rear window trim is just held in with clips (they fly off at about 220kph) if you dont care about the donor car just use a wide scraper or flat blade screwdriver to flick it off, if you do care about the donor some interior removal tools will do the trick

Donor car was at wreckers do bars are already removed. Care about keeping the xg in tact when I put them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious about just how you figured out the speed at which the trims will come off...
pretty sure the xd to xg trims are bolted on from the inside, requires headlining to be removed to get to some of the bolts
And yes.
As Dean and Thom said XD/E/F/G ute rear window trims bolt in. Headlining has to be dropped for most of the top piece bolts to be undone.

And yes.
As Dean and Thom said XD/E/F/G ute rear window trims bolt in. Headlining has to be dropped for most of the top piece bolts to be undone.
well my xh had 185rwkw and no speed limter and I was 19, its scary some of the stuff I did back then

19 minutes ago, Thom said:

well my xh had 185rwkw and no speed limter emoji39.png and I was 19, its scary some of the stuff I did back then

XF utes don't have trims fall off at high speed.. but tailshaft can break and ruin your day

IKQsDOK.jpg

XF utes don't have trims fall off at high speed.. but tailshaft can break and ruin your day
IKQsDOK.jpg
I have similar photos from when I lost a tailshaft in my xh 798275352bafbcd39bd023b6853de2e6.jpg337be5d114921e01faccc61ab40e4367.jpga446ce02ca87e7e083e535e409400aca.jpg779fbdc79ff8cffd2ecf33293cde45c2.jpg6eb76e4bf937986cf4d88c325a793d18.jpg7f14e772832620383d1215263f2f4280.jpgf134753d48e7d053143e4f41de78e78a.jpg

8 hours ago, Thom said:

I have similar photos from when I lost a tailshaft in my xh

was that just from going fast only? skid factory had same happen on their fairlane on the dyno..

tailshaft too long.. not ideal

was that just from going fast only? skid factory had same happen on their fairlane on the dyno..
tailshaft too long.. not ideal
that was shift fork broke putting the trans in 5th and 3rd at the same time when I tried to downshift at 95 ks an hour to overtake some slowpoke