Server maintenance Read more... ×

So I need to replace bushes and pins on the doors of my xg. I’ve the got repair kits for them my question is what’s the best way to get them out. The whole bottom mount on the left door and the top half of the bottom mount on the right door have had a fairly dodgy weld repair done to them by a previous owner. And the bottom part of the bottom right is broken as well. The left door look to still have the original pins while the right one has had one of these kits put in it. I’ll try and put some pics in the thread too

i take one hinge off at a time, with the door closed. by removing the panel inside the front gaurd(the dirt catcher that rusts the sill and mudguard.)
there will be redbacks in there if anything like here.. probably up in the springs area also.. go to town with the flyspray an hour before and again when the panel is removed(straighten 2 bent over tabs and then it just comes out with a bit of a jiggle)

13mm bolts on the hinge, and if you are unlucky.. torx bits on the door part.. these usually won't come undone so try them first.

if you don't have a torx bit tool, or cant get them undone, the other method is to unbolt both hinges from the A pillar behind the guard and then remove the whole door with hinges attached .

then remove pins and change bushes and refit.. you'll then have the joy of refitting the door .. (replace the word joy with the word pain. it's not that hard, but it's harder than one hinge at a time if the bolts can come undone)

12 minutes ago, deankdx said:

i take one hinge off at a time, with the door closed. by removing the panel inside the front gaurd(the dirt catcher that rusts the sill and mudguard.)
there will be redbacks in there if anything like here.. probably up in the springs area also.. go to town with the flyspray an hour before and again when the panel is removed(straighten 2 bent over tabs and then it just comes out with a bit of a jiggle)

13mm bolts on the hinge, and if you are unlucky.. torx bits on the door part.. these usually won't come undone so try them first.

if you don't have a torx bit tool, or cant get them undone, the other method is to unbolt both hinges from the A pillar behind the guard and then remove the whole door with hinges attached .

then remove pins and change bushes and refit.. you'll then have the joy of refitting the door .. (replace the word joy with the word pain. it's not that hard, but it's harder than one hinge at a time if the bolts can come undone)

Thanks for that I’ve already found a couple of redbacks in me airbox so I’ll defs be hittin it with flyspray. Hopefully I can get all done before it try’s raining today.