Server maintenance Read more... ×
Dom

AU tickford mags on XF

ok as topic suggests has anyone fitted these rims to their earlier model falcon

how do i fit AU tickford mags on my XF ute

rears fit but backspacing puts rim well inside guard so will have to fit spacers, but that then puts mag to far out to actually sit on the centre ring of axle which is illegal and dangerous

fronts dont fit at all, mag will not go over hub centre and inner mag lip also hits top and bottom ball joints before even getting close to  seating up against hub

i quite like these mags and got a good set with caps for a good price

would a different front stub axle/rear diff  from a later model (XG/XH) bolt onto XF and sort the problem. (or am i dreaming)

cheers

ok as topic suggests has anyone fitted these rims to their earlier model falcon
how do i fit AU tickford mags on my XF ute
rears fit but backspacing puts rim well inside guard so will have to fit spacers, but that then puts mag to far out to actually sit on the centre ring of axle which is illegal and dangerous
fronts dont fit at all, mag will not go over hub centre and inner mag lip also hits top and bottom ball joints before even getting close to  seating up against hub
i quite like these mags and got a good set with caps for a good price
would a different front stub axle/rear diff  from a later model (XG/XH) bolt onto XF and sort the problem. (or am i dreaming)
cheers

While illegal, quality bolt on adapters are not dangerous and if sized right will sit exactly how they would on the donor car.

You could fit an au diff which would take care of the rears but there’s no simple way of changing the front offset.

You could look for a set of aftermarket au xr rims, they pop up for sale from time to time.

I’ve run bolt on adapters on many of my cars, and for many years and have never had anything close to a failure.

There’s a bit of an urban myth that your insurance is voided if you run them but that’s only partly true.
If they contribute to the accident, then he’s your insurance company will say no.
If they don’t contribute then generally they don’t care.

dreaming, XH still use use XF offset,  
if you were dead keen to fit them spacers would be the only way(the hub adaptor type that can be used to change stud pattern. not legal in most states from memory. )

Spacers and adaptors are illegal in all states, either those that have adopted VSB14 or others keeping their own standards. You can't even engineer them. Unfortunately, you need to look for something else that resembles those wheels, you won't be able to fit them legally.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty good price actually, is that for a whole set?

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

As far as I know yep. I was gonna grab them myself but I don’t think they would suit my wagon.