Server maintenance Read more... ×
Panko

XF cruise control

Hi guys, 

since putting my XF Ghia wagon back together, I have no cruise control  :( 

Can anyone offer some advice on how to test or where to test components to find the issue? 

The things I have checked is the vacuum line to the unit, that seems ok. (i did have a vacuum leak but fixed that) 

All the connectors are intact and plugged in

So I am at a loss as to where the issue might be. 

Any advice would be handy, I miss having the cruise 

first think i'd check is the 3 cut outs..
brake pedal switch and clutch switch and neutral switch .. unplug them.. check it .. if it works, plug them up one at a time? may be best to unplug one at a time

first think i'd check is the 3 cut outs..
brake pedal switch and clutch switch and neutral switch .. unplug them.. check it .. if it works, plug them up one at a time? may be best to unplug one at a time

Two brake pedal switches on XF Ghia and one on clutch. No neutral switch AFAIK. If one switch fails the system won't work, same if one is unplugged.

I had issues with the solder on the cruise computer in my white wagon, little box in behind the trip computer/clock. Resoldered the poor connections and never had another issue.

Think the trip computer/clock has to be connected and working too as the brake light circuit runs through that.

5 minutes ago, Mr Polson said:

Two brake pedal switches on XF Ghia and one on clutch. No neutral switch AFAIK. If one switch fails the system won't work, same if one is unplugged.

I had issues with the solder on the cruise computer in my white wagon, little box in behind the trip computer/clock. Resoldered the poor connections and never had another issue.

Think the trip computer/clock has to be connected and working too as the brake light circuit runs through that.

for Manual, i hooked up the neutral switch, you'll want this if you ever bump the stick out of gear(revs to the limiter... what limiter)
it should work with the switches unplugged, in My XE ute when i retro fitted the dealer fitted cruise, i'm sure i had to figure out issues like this(i had polarity wrong initially so it was as if the brake pedal was pressed when it wasnt)

solder joints are definitely an issue on these cars. see if you can swap the cruise computer to test even? 

Ill double check my brake pedal switches. 

I dont have a neutral switch. I never bothered wiring that up when i converted to manual, and neither do i have a clutch switch. Ive always just remembered to cancel it before i go to change gears. 

Trip is all working perfectly. 

Brake lights work