bear351c

Mad Max Pursuit Special build up (USA)

nope the coupe has its own length tailshaft im sure,also interesting note when the 3 engineers went to dearborn plant to design the hardtop they had planed for a wide track rear axel because of its humungus rear wheel arcehs but the yanks talked em out of it.

One of the reasons I got into trucks,  being commercial it was a given that they would change engine, transmissions, rear axles, cabs, sleepers, body styles and being acceptable with govco. Going to be fun when it comes time to register my 2 stroke diesel but it was an option back then.
love the sound of 2 stroke diesel's the 16v710's at work sound wicked in the test bay

5 hours ago, CHESTNUTXE said:

nope the coupe has its own length tailshaft im sure,also interesting note when the 3 engineers went to dearborn plant to design the hardtop they had planed for a wide track rear axel because of its humungus rear wheel arcehs but the yanks talked em out of it.

Never heard that.  thought sedan and hardtop were the same.  Ute, P-van, Fairlanes were all using the wagon wheelbase, so longer tailshafts and leaf springs. 

yeah your right ,i just remember in the late 80s playing tailshaft games that it was difficult to find a coupe tailshaft sorry about that the wheelbase is 111 inches same as sedan
Maybe a 9 inch tailshaft is different from a BW one? Bullnose toploaders are different too I seem to remember.

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk