CHESTNUTXE

EL GHIA TICKFORD 12/97

Hey i gets this call thismorning from the wrecker and he says some ol boy just got rid of this tickford fairlane and says i can have it cheap so i said ok just drop it at my house,turns out it a fairmont ghia EL with tickford 95 dt casting,interior is crap ,colour is hermitage green,and has a 3,45 lsd what a score for parts,i already took the wheels for the EB.3ca03R4X_o.jpgCSFIu7DV_o.jpgrgkb78vb_o.jpg

i did some research last night on the tickford EL engines  and the hybrid engine started on 1/98 and its a 12/97  ,so it falls into the 95 da parts number,it has a dizzy,im hoping this is the good engine thom was talking about in his 4.0 thread.

I did put it on e bay last night but took it off until i work out what to do with it im gunna vaccum it now it has 228000kms and the motor is very smooth and revvy butinterior is not that good but all there

I did put it on e bay last night but took it off until i work out what to do with it im gunna vaccum it now it has 228000kms and the motor is very smooth and revvy butinterior is not that good but all there
More pics9921471944c164fa55814e272507d4e7.jpg6b2496c282b2480cbdff0ee2e7d8f94b.jpg8ed673bba3a1e5ea50b36c3e657d7930.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Defective said:

What it like for rust? If you wanna sell it minus wheels I might be interested. These rust out bad inner sills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can come and have a look at it if you want to m8

yeah it has the good gear on it,just interior and crack in windscreen let it down,also drivers window dont work,if i wreck  it i will grab the front struts for my eb i assume they would fit straight in yeah ?.but that tickford engine is a sweet sounding engine.

yeah it has the good gear on it,just interior and crack in windscreen let it down,also drivers window dont work,if i wreck  it i will grab the front struts for my eb i assume they would fit straight in yeah ?.but that tickford engine is a sweet sounding engine.
Picsa522d763319dfdf29a94d2ed9e6ff58c.jpg2f82ee4007eff1e0f2bec7b34071869b.jpg95d82333a0f15d114a1a1dfa40b16d19.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

That Cappuccino interior looks like it will clean up fantastic!

Just do a super clean detail on it.

A clean straight EL Ghia with Premium Sound/CD Stacker, Dual Airbags and service books, will be much more sell-able than an EB Fairmont IMO.

Heritage Green with dark tint on the windows, is a nice combination. :)

Lowered on stock factory wheels, also works well.

11.jpg

88.jpg

002.jpg

Tapeworm EL Falcon sedan.jpg

A love a nice Ghia.

I actually took a photo of this one earlier in the week, on my walk to work.

EL Ghia, 5.0V8, Tickford kit etc. Dirty and a little scruffy but still very nice. I want it!

244pyXS.jpg

They look killer with the kit and ftr wheels too. My old one was v8 and I still miss that car today haha.

I’m actually looking at a el Fairmont wagon this weekend as a new daily so if that falls through I’ll definitely look closer at this. ad5f1fc2aa65581b32bc2467ab0a2cd0.jpg

1 hour ago, Defective said:

They look killer with the kit and ftr wheels too. My old one was v8 and I still miss that car today haha.
I’m actually looking at a el Fairmont wagon this weekend as a new daily

Didn't you have a tidy high km's white EL Fairmont wagon, a few yrs ago?

From memory you found it too agricultural to drive, and got rid of it?

They won't have gotten any better with age. LOL!

Edit -

correct im just drifting here on the net trying to find anything about that cappa trim,not much out there maybe spaky dave can find a sales broucher with that trim

Broken wood grain is common as too. My els were good but the Concorde I had only had two that hadn’t broken.
It’s only plastic so you might be able plastic weld them to get them semi right.
Brittle plastics that just crack when you look at them too hard really started to become an issue with Ef/l’s then au’s got a bit better then all downhill from b series on haha.