CHESTNUTXE

EL GHIA TICKFORD 12/97

Didn't you have a tidy high km's white EL Fairmont wagon, a few yrs ago?
From memory you found it too agricultural to drive, and got rid of it?

They won't have gotten any better with age. LOL!

Edit -

Certainly did, and to be honest it’s not even close to what I want for a new daily but it’s so immaculate I can’t ignore it. 8188593d137465e739ee06acfeb26b5f.jpg
If I get it then the au will get parted out, and motor can go into the pano.
Ideally I want a s2/3 au xls Ute, but all the cheap ones are rooted and the dear ones just have rootedness hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all of its there i saved it,i just vaccumed it today,action man might need to change name to magic man to fix this interior

I still reckon the Ef el was one of the best interiors ford did, just needed better colours. El gt interior is damned near perfect.

738fd108ac58999b84f5b6f927eb332c.jpg

If your one isn’t rusty it’s well worth saving. Parts are still dirt cheap but clean examples are getting a bit harder to find.

5 minutes ago, Defective said:

Certainly did, and to be honest it’s not even close to what I want for a new daily but it’s so immaculate I can’t ignore it. 8188593d137465e739ee06acfeb26b5f.jpg
If I get it then the au will get parted out, and motor can go into the pano.
Ideally I want a s2/3 au xls Ute, but all the cheap ones are rooted and the dear ones just have rootedness hidden.

That IS a very clean looking wagon! Quite a rare colour too.

If you decide to get it... promise me you won't modify such a clean example.

Enjoy it for what it is! :)

Go for gold on the Panno though.

It'll be a yellow rocket, with a DOHC. :P

That IS a very clean looking wagon! Quite a rare colour too.

If you decide to get it... promise me you won't modify such a clean example.
Enjoy it for what it is!

Go for gold on the Panno though.
It'll be a yellow rocket, with a DOHC.

That’s a promise I could not keep haha.
Although it just needs to be a little lower, with better wheels. And some tint. Too hot up here for untinted windows. Mechanically it would stay stock as a rock.
I think replacing the rear springs would go a long way to making them drive nicer. I don’t need it to carry loads.
But who knows, might sell before I get to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an interior ghia cappa set for sale from a fairlane. All seats and door trims in really good condition. I was going to put it in a fairmont years ago but scrapped the car and kept the interior as it was too good to scrap.

Pic of the trims and drivers seat. I have the other seats but pics maybe buried on a hard drive. The drivers seat was the “worst” of them anyway.

I had chrome handles and woodgrain shift surround too but i will have to go searching boxes for them.

You can have the lot for $600 if you want.

I just bought a concorde with excellent grey interior so these will not be used... again.

Edit: forgot to add, pickup only in Eastern suburbs of melbourne. PM for details.

f031c0f1ea59343877a2eda203ba0c80.jpg

53915981768f26b81479b8fcba3b1a07.jpg

Cappuccino wasn't too common because grey had generally become the modern and fashionable trim colour by the 90's. Personally I love the cappuccino trim in the E-series, especially Fairmont and Ghia when complemented with the woodgrain and chrome too.

Black trim is more desirable in the AU's as opposed to grey but personally I love the grey trim in my AU Ghia.

Ttcq9UI.jpg

Here’s one that’s popped up on bookface, looks reasonable.but if that’s all they’re worth it’s probably not worth over investing on yours. Might be a better parts donor as you suggested earlier.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/549679105522191/

yup i have it on e bay and hardly anyone has shown any interest at a giveaway price,for fks sake it has a wicked tickford engine,and a 3.45 lsd,i reckon if i scrapped it i could get $500 each,and use the struts for my EB .

What’s the eBay link? I have my eBay set to show me Fairmont Ghia that get listed but I can’t find yours

I found it, your ad title won’t be helping you. If I want a Fairmont ghia that’s what I search for.
My search is set for ‘ford Fairmont ghia’ and couldn’t find yours.

Do you have it in the cars category or parts?

That engine is a keeper. I've been in a Tickford AU and the difference from your standard taxi motor is a lot more than the 7 kW or whatever they rate it at. It feels like a Windsor, the torque is that strong.

Shame to see these old girls being parted out, but nothing lasts forever I guess

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

I DONT NO,well if it dont sell i will pull the diff and engine out of it,unless you want it ? 

Nah, I’ll pass. Will need to much for me to use as a daily. Wrecking it out would probably get the best return.
Those rear diffs are ideal for xe/xf sedans I think.

They certainly drive nice... alot of car for not much money.
Chex the difference after full day cleaning so far it was a mess but coming up good now and atm im playing find where all these pieces go9b73471c5ea9f2ac840cea8b17cb7f87.jpgbe5b169de5cf4d1dd44a7184a507fa8e.jpge3f8b35636cf3d8e97f2436e45743c7d.jpg9fa77bcab0eead182cd1d452afe2b3fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

They really are beautiful cars when they’re cared for.

Last of the true falcon imo. Once they went to au’s I reckon they lost something. But late model ones make for great donors.

I’m going to check out that wagon tomorrow after work, odds on I’ll be bringing it home haha. It’s soooo clean.

It's a real testament to their build quality IMO -

the fact it can be so ruined, and yet still be cleaned up nicely!

Looks like all the pieces are there... that's excellent! 

a bit of careful glueing, and away you go. :)

That double DIN premium sound, (made by Clarion) was apparently a $1200 option, back in the day.