AXD408

Bring on Drag challenge 019 for the Ol XD

New to all of this Forum stuff.

The ol girl is a factory P code fairmont, rust free, but a basket rolling shell when i got it. 

Building it to get it to Street Machine Drag Challenge this year.

no idea how to load pics sorry guys lol 

Welcome, the boys will enjoy watching this build I'm sure.

For photos either upload them to a hosting site like imgur and paste the links in your posts, or if you use your phone try tapatalk app as you can upload directly from that (that's how I do it).

i think that colour must have been what My first falcon was (XD ex taxi around 1991. had 800,000kms, i painted it french blue because the gold metalic was too dear)

looks great in two tone, like the special edition ghia almost.

keen to see more x completing drag challenge,. and watching the build threads

thanks for sharing

definitely need to make exhaust work easier.  are they not flanged at the front for ground clearance reasons? i haven't worked with the slip joints, but betting they could be a pain to remove still once been there a while

Hey BGDAV.. got to check the ANDRA rule book on placement but the loop should just squeeze in. Had to lift the trans rear 11mm for pinion alignment

BTW.. checked out your build post.. coming up sweet mate. You gotta get to Drag Challenge .. best bloody week I've had in years hahahahaha

First time using the stainless clamp n slip on pipes myself Dean.. but we've put them on a few cars now and been able to slip appart fairly easily .. probs because the way the stainless clamps dont close up a slip joint like the old school exhaust clamps do .
Yeah, did it to be able to get the system up close to the floor, and so the flanges don't catch on the Bloody Car Float

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

good idea, forgot about clearance for car trailer.. 

i've worked on BGDAV's XE and the flanges on the extractors have scrapes from the road even(be when the front was too low due to shelby drop not working with king springs) 

yeah those old exhaust clamps i'd cut the exhaust pipe off and weld it back on again or get a sleeve made.. they almost never came undone. 

looks good though! keen to see how you do the tailshaft loop.. technically the x pipe would stop it hitting the ground but not sure the tunnel is up to the task (i had a thick wall 3 inch snap in the middle and poked a decent hole in the floor. 

are they like the v band clamps? the USA guys love them for everything 

thanks mate (Y) im hoping next year, its getting close to being done 

yea ill have to check the rules on the tailshaft i know it was close last time i looked with my exhaust 

Bit different to the VBands mate. These use a slip joint without the raised flange like a VBand.. the clamp is stepped to suit the larger Dia of the pipe that slips over. We run a smear of sealer to try to keep any moisture out of the joint too. Can't do much about short run condensation on the inside but..

Do it man hahahaha. Have you been to the 3 day Qld event? Wait, are you from Qld? ..

I think its max 600mm from the trans, but dont quote me on that..

Great project. Good to see another XD out and about.

I’d love to do drag challenge but...
1. My car is not fast enough
2. My experience in drag racing is zero
3. My car is not fast enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah im a vic boy - im still sorting out 3 years of teething probelms :P i went to EFI aswell (best thing i ever did ) halfed my fuel bill and cold start it instant 

sounds about right from what i checked, its on my future list once i sort out the last oil leak (fkn cars) 

Those bloody flanges get scraped just looking at them hey Dean

Yeah I'm going to go 2 piece top and bottom for the loop.
Oh shit, yeah a shaft coming through the floor would wake you up.

Cheers on the build.
Going through Cage options atm, but I've got no idea what the Old girl will run hey hahahah..

A mexican BGDAV ..
We were down there for the Challenge last year hey. Nice place that Sunshine .. best kebabs ...

EFI, nice.. what trottle body are you running?

NZXD.. not sure what the cut off is for DYO.. but as for never raced.. get some local street meets under your belt and do it man... seriously, the best time hey